Leather Conditioner/Scent

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 08:17 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather Conditioner/Scent

Hi All

What product(s) do you fellow Rennlisters use to bring back the natural beauty of your fine leather interiors? I'm also interested in bringing back that fine leather scent that the PO managed to have in the car when I purchased it. Preferably products that can be purchased in North America.

Thanks for your responses in advance
Bill
90C2
Old 05-10-2004, 09:17 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 41 Likes on 1 Post

I've never used either of these, but I have heard from many who have been very happy with the results.

Leatherique
Color Plus

Erick
Old 05-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had very good results with Surflex Leather "Soffener" to bring back hard, dry leather to a more softer state. It takes a bit of time to allow the several treatments to soak in, but it does help bring back older leather to a more supple state. It smells decent too. Just wipe it on and then cover the leather with plastic for a few day if you really want it to soak in. You can repeat this process as many times as necessary.

I use Lexol leather conditioner and cleaner as well for regular maintenance.

Jay
90 964
Old 05-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

i use Lexol conditionor and cleaners - good stuff
i tried the Griot's garage leather conditinor but the smell is "Off" it has a really strong "cheap" leather scent.
my 2 cents...
Old 05-10-2004, 11:06 PM
targatime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Griots garage

I just used Griots garage leather rejuvenator and the leather spray scent this weekend.

they worked fantastic ! and I would certainly recommend. I would bet zemol would have something as good..but probably would be more expensive

you can find them online or order through their catalog. They stand behind the stuff with a complete money back return.
Old 05-10-2004, 11:55 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Leatherique is way to go IMHO. I have used it on lots of very dried out leather in several old cars & most recently on the black seats I put in the '90 model. They were in great shape but had been sitting since the mid 90s & the surface was like cardboard. The supple leather feel is back now & the interior smells great!

Quick Reply: Leather Conditioner/Scent