Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSA on BaT for under $60K 2 days left- deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022 | 05:24 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeff33702
Makes sense. Just wondering if that fuels the desirability of RSAs in CA.
I can’t speak for everyone but it’s the reason I don’t have a Euro RS. I am going to build my own version out of my RSA. Targeting to be lighter (lots of CF) and have more power. I did a tour of Ed Pink in SoCal and drooled over a bunch of Singer 4.0s. However that is another can of worms for passing the smog testing visual inspection.
The following users liked this post:
JP-"S" (12-29-2022)
Old 11-17-2022 | 05:46 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
I can’t speak for everyone but it’s the reason I don’t have a Euro RS. I am going to build my own version out of my RSA. Targeting to be lighter (lots of CF) and have more power. I did a tour of Ed Pink in SoCal and drooled over a bunch of Singer 4.0s. However that is another can of worms for passing the smog testing visual inspection.
I have zero desire to sell the RSA (again) - but I still have commitment issues. One of my mental bench racing sessions included a scenario where I'd OEM+ the RSA with light glass, brakes, swap seats... Like you said, basically build my own euro RS - but I'd be changing everything that makes the RSA an RSA, really... Then it's just an RSA by VIN at some point. Mine has a sunroof and no LSD..so not exactly "the" combo..but it's a 94 and very near the end of production...and I like silver... IDK I'm not sure I have the #$#$ to do what you are doing...if I did, I could sell this blue project - but widebody... I'm paralyzed by this decision.
Old 12-29-2022 | 12:26 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Off / On-Topic revive: Any of the RSA elite on this thread know this car ?: https://www.sloanmotorcars.com/curre...etallic-black/

Just starting my search, but figured checking here was as good as starting a new thread.
Old 12-29-2022 | 01:15 PM
jeff33702
Rennlist Member

No but I love the combo. 94 too - low production for everything then.
jreifler (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 02:01 PM
Goughary
Race Car

I know that car at Sloane. Brett is a mile from me here in Fairfield. Call him. He is very straight and will give you the honest story about the car. If you get serious and need me to throw an eyeball on something specific, give me a shout. I'll pop over there for you if you like. Any excuse to go play with Porsches is a good excuse!
The following 2 users liked this post by Goughary:
das76 (12-29-2022), jreifler (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 02:15 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

The photo quality is pretty poor so I would definitely take @Goughary up on his offer if your interested. It’s a nicely spec’d car in a cool color with driver level miles. My 93 has 112K miles with a full rebuild around 10K miles ago, so miles not a problem but can get expensive if rebuilding. My personal preference is for the pre 94 cars without the rear seat but if you have young kids the seats could be a bonus.

Originally Posted by jreifler
Off / On-Topic revive: Any of the RSA elite on this thread know this car ?: https://www.sloanmotorcars.com/curre...etallic-black/

Just starting my search, but figured checking here was as good as starting a new thread.
jreifler (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022 | 02:45 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Goughary
I know that car at Sloane. Brett is a mile from me here in Fairfield. Call him. He is very straight and will give you the honest story about the car. If you get serious and need me to throw an eyeball on something specific, give me a shout. I'll pop over there for you if you like. Any excuse to go play with Porsches is a good excuse!
Thanks so much! I chatted with Brett yesterday, and he did give me the rundown. Definitely a straight shooter. He's on vacation at the moment, but we'll talk more when he's back next week.

I'm definitely very interested in this one. With the mileage and paintwork / unknown accident history, I'm trying to discern what a market ask would be. Super hard to find comps. Nothing even remotely close on mileage that I can find.

Really appreciate the offer to go look, and may well take you up on it. Selling my GT4 this weekend; switching to tracking my GT3; and hunting a 964/993 driver. Have always wanted an RSA too. Mostly concerned with the respray quality. I don't mind a respray, but am super OCD, so would want to be sure it was done well.

@Ecosse911 I'd actually probably delete the rear seat. Top end on this car was done very recently, so would hope the big stuff is in good shape.

Last edited by jreifler; 12-29-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-29-2022 | 05:37 PM
Goughary
Race Car

You can't say things like "looking for a driver" and "I'm ocd" in the same conversation. Cuz in that case, you are saying "I'm going to over pay for perfect, and then worry when i drive it that it'll no longer be perfect"...

Brett had a few there for a bit. If he still has the black one, that was also a very good car, having be Dan Jacob's car prior. Not sure if he still has it. Also- Brett is next door to Fairfield county motorsport which specializes in Porsche. Kevin Cabral and Umberto there are very good. You can have the car brought next door for a ppi and leak down- so effectively you can get a good idea if there is anything internally needed in the motor. All these guys are very honest, so if you ask the questions you'll get solid answers.
Old 12-29-2022 | 05:50 PM
jreifler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Goughary
You can't say things like "looking for a driver" and "I'm ocd" in the same conversation. Cuz in that case, you are saying "I'm going to over pay for perfect, and then worry when i drive it that it'll no longer be perfect"...

Brett had a few there for a bit. If he still has the black one, that was also a very good car, having be Dan Jacob's car prior. Not sure if he still has it. Also- Brett is next door to Fairfield county motorsport which specializes in Porsche. Kevin Cabral and Umberto there are very good. You can have the car brought next door for a ppi and leak down- so effectively you can get a good idea if there is anything internally needed in the motor. All these guys are very honest, so if you ask the questions you'll get solid answers.
Lol. Fair. I guess more apt to say that I don't mind miles, history, or paintwork, as long mechanically sound and aesthetically to my standards. So, like, a really pretty driver . . . I'm still struggling with the fact that my GT3 is considered a driver with 30k on the clock.

Quick Reply: RSA on BaT for under $60K 2 days left- deal?