Sponsored by:

Adrian in "Bahston"

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 12:19 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Adrian in "Bahston"

While I don't think he's exactly mastered the local accent yet, Adrian and Gail did visit "Bahston" last week after the Rennsport festivities. The local 'Listers and PCA members got to meet them at Bentley Publishers on Sunday where Adrian ran a tech session. One of the Porsche papparazzi was there and these are his incriminating pictures.

Before the event we caught Adrian and Soheil Zendeh, his editor for The Book, together again --
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2004, 12:23 PM
JoeW
Pro

He ran a tech session for the assembled multitudes. (Probably about 30 of us were able to show up.) He talked about the AC/heating system as well as assorted other systems, using Jenn D's car for the anatomy lesson. (more on that, later). You may recognize some 'Listers in these photos -- sorry, they could not be avoided.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JoeW; 05-05-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:28 PM
JoeW
Pro

Bentley has a beautiful place in Cambridge, a refurbished house of substantial proportions. The picture above gives you a glimpse of the garage, This is the driveway, looking out on Massachusetts Ave. There was a "Mayfair" going on in town and people kept walking up to look over all of the 964s, a 914 and a couple of 993s that showed up. Always fun when others enjoy our toys Adrian was just as available there as he always is to us on the boards.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JoeW; 05-05-2004 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-05-2004, 12:32 PM
JoeW
Pro

The woman in red is Gail Streather, charming and pleasant. Adrian announced that she will be doing the translation of our book into German over the next several months! The garage is long enough for two cars I suppose, but is great work space and a fabulous lift, for one. The woman in blue is the Bentley's director of publications, I believe, and the guy on the left is the editor Adrian is working with on his current project.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2004, 12:37 PM
JoeW
Pro

This is Michael Bentley ... with John D., our fearless leader. This is immediately before the tech session. Behind them you will see Jenn D.'s car, and the woman in white behind the car is her ... even at this distance you can tell that she is concerned. Adrian had suggested he could remove the engine for the tech session. She was, understandably, very .... um ... "interested."
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2004, 12:43 PM
JoeW
Pro

Really, this isn't what it looks like! Honest, they're friends!!

I hope the spy photos of this event are enjoyable for you folk. Certainly all of us who were there found it entertaining, informative, and a real pleasure to meet Adrian, Gail, and the very gracious folk at Bentley.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-2004, 04:28 PM
ljugete
Rennlist Member

Looks like it was an interesting event.
Old 05-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great reporting Joe! Really brilliant to see the pictures too, wish it had been closer and I'd been able to go! Adrian - next time...California!!!!
Old 05-05-2004, 09:21 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

A couple of comments....

A camera REALLY does add 20lbs to a picture!!!

Joe - a great time. I have your PM and washed your H5 lense tonite. It's complete - including lense, mount, screws, bulb, etc. I'll send it Fedex tomorrow for you - so you can have it for a "week-end" project. But, what I'm sending you should bolt right in. No charge - just my way of saying "Thanks"...

As for Bentley? What fabulous folks. Their garage area? Their headquarters? Amazing. Simply amazing....

As for Adrian? If you have never met Adrian and Gail - you must. Off the Forum, they are the sort of folks who would give you the shirt off their back - and not think twice. Adrian's session was wonderful, and as Jen's 964 as the "model" - I learned quite a lot - the "good" and the "bad". Adrian has the title of "Lead Rennlist Technical Advisor" and with good reason. As a side note - I'll be installing new rotors all-round on the 964 C4 this weekend (thanks Matt/Jay at http://www.apex-parts.com/ !).

Great thread - and with my thanks to Joe, Bentley and Adrian. Let's do this again very soon....
Old 05-05-2004, 09:55 PM
investlt
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe,

Great job on the posts. I agree with John, photos do add weight to people It was great meeting everyone, and the day was both informative and fun.

Thanks and kudos to all who made it possible and a special thanks to Adrian and Gail for taking time out of their schedule to be there.

Here are a few of my pictures:
Old 05-05-2004, 09:56 PM
investlt
Instructor

Another:
Old 05-05-2004, 09:57 PM
investlt
Instructor

And one more:
Old 05-05-2004, 09:58 PM
investlt
Instructor

That last one was a shameless plug to get my car into a picture, and show Joe hard at work photographing.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:08 PM
JoeW
Pro

Thanks for the feedback and company, folks.

From what I can see, John & John, the camera adds about 30#. Gee, that would be good for two horsepower, hmmm?

More of the green car, John. I didn't believe just how intense that color is from photos. In person it has great depth. Joe W.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:43 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looks like a professional 'get together'. I thinks you guys had a fun time. Great.

Quick Reply: Adrian in "Bahston"