CCU and other parts available

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CCU and other parts available

I'm running out of room for the parts I've removed from the Turtle. I'll post the list with details in the classifieds shortly, but here's a heads-up.

CCU - It works but as I've remove the heating blower and needed the room for the fire supression system controller, it was removed.
All A/C parts
Tool kit and jack
Steering wheel (and airbag)
Carpet from trunk
Rear seatbelt parts
Heater blower and pipe
Cup bypass pipe for heater (without the CCU I don't really need it either)
Compressor (tabs to hold it closed are broken/missing)

Send an email to me at tomllama@comcast.net if you are interested.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:46 AM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Tom,
Have you had an opportunity to weigh the turtle lately? It sounds like there's been some serious weight loss happening.

Erick
Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Erick,

When I had the suspension changed I had the corner weights adjusted. Removing the 180 lbs for the driver that they added, I believe the car was 2800 lbs (with 3/4 tank of gas). I'll check the paperwork - it's a question that's often asked, and like a space cadet, I can never remember.

I was just talking to Bob this morning when I picked up the old 19 mm swaybar and I may have to take the time to continue to remove the climate stuff that is now moot as the CCU is gone. That should be another 50 lbs or so. I just need to find the time to remove the gas tank and pull the parts (and extra time is one thing I'm having a hard time finding ). Gee, if I were to remove the sunroof and put in a simple plasic piece, I could remove another 20-30 lbs. The list is large, but time and the wallet are dwindling.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:18 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have the spoiler controller? It is located on the bulkhead in the passengers footwell, near the center tunnel. One screw and the plug, and you have another lb or so. I'll take it if available, but you might get more than I can offer if you publicize.

Have you thought about the weight of the wiring harness? There must be 20 lb of wiring just for the luxury items you are removing!
Old 05-04-2004, 06:34 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yes, I forgot about the spoiler controller. It's available too. Send me an email with what you think is reasonable.

I decided to offer to this board first. I'm not out to get every dollar possible, I'd be happy to get some money back, but would like to see other Rennlist members get what they need/want. I've been luck to get a number of items for free or low cost from other Rennlisters. I'd like to return the favor. If no interest here, it goes into Rennlist classifieds and eBay.

Yes, I've considered wires. The issue is the PITA it would be to remove them and the time it would take. Where possible, I'm removing as I go. Some day I expect the Turtle will get stripped to the shell, cleaned and put back together (less the bits that are not needed). However, that won't be until I'm a better driver and it's required for the competitive edge.

Quick Reply: CCU and other parts available