Sponsored by:

Need side mounts/Brackets for Recaro bucket seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2004, 08:12 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need side mounts/Brackets for Recaro bucket seats

I've bought a pair of OE Recaro buckets for my 993RS. I need the OE Porsche brackets/sidemounts (2 per seat). Has anyone got 4 gathering dust, or point me in the right direction?
Old 06-18-2004, 11:01 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

You can get the side mounts for about $250 a seat from FVD-USA.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried the local OPC, Piers? That's your best option. No disrespect, Craig, but the brackets offered by FVD were designed for either the SPG or Pole Position, so Piers might have fitment issues due to the difference in widths (the RS seats are in between ... sizewise). Using the correct bracket will ensure that the slider rails, once attached to the brackets, will be at the correct width to mate up with the floor mounting points.

A good alternative would be the aftermarket items offered by Speedware Motorsports out of Washington State. These items have slotted mounting points which means you can vary the track width of your sliders for a perfect fit. They can also be inverted (with bottom lips facing outward) to fit narrow seats to your p-car, like the SPG. The additional adjustment holes also provide you with more tilt and height options than the Factory items so you can get the seats just right.

I have these and was very satisfied with the quality, design and service.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:16 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put some pole positions into my 964 and used the Recaro sliders and brackets. I think they were about $60 per seat and came with different adapter washers to take care of seat width issues. I also tightend the sliders to the floor before the final tighening on the seat bolts to make the install go easier.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:57 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

Check this one out and let us know. I spoke to FVD and the sliders for the OE buckets were $ 495 each. The dealer I pursched the buckets from got me the OE brackets at Porsche cost to seal the deal on the bucket seats for me, but those suckers are pretty pricey especially the ones that catch on both sides if I recall correctly. The older style or catches on one side may be cheaper, but shop said don't use those for safety reasons.
Old 06-18-2004, 06:08 PM
Cuppie
Racer

Grand Prix Racewear or Demon Tweeks?

Mel
Old 06-22-2004, 05:12 AM
Roygarth
Three Wheelin'

Thanks guys, got the brackets from Recaro, seats fitted yesterday in readiness for track next week, will post pics soonest.

Quick Reply: Need side mounts/Brackets for Recaro bucket seats