Sponsored by:

to Zymol or not Zymol....that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 02:22 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to Zymol or not Zymol....that is the question

So give me the breakdown on Zymol, what is really needed to strip and repolish a car. Should I even bother? I have been using Turtle wax color match wax, supposedly to make it gleam in the blue hues, car looks good but will zymol really make that much of a difference? Also have gotten the blue wax on several of the black molding peices. How can get it off?
Attached pics so you can see where I am at...
Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2004, 02:36 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Jason,

Of course it's worth it.......I wouldn't use anything else these days. It's a natural product (for those that care) dosen't dry my hands out (ahh poor dear you say) and lasts for ages.
Remember though, it's a multiple step process, cleaning then protecting the paint/your hard work, Lehm Klay, HD clense then wax over the top to protect your preperation work.
It will on the very first time you try it take the best part of a day to do the car, after that about 1 hour or so, and then wax as often as you like. I wax every month or so, or when the mood takes me.....

Turtle wax colour match though........gritty and lifeless after a week IMHO...

Kevin.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:42 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Jason,

look at the pics of my after-Zymoled car at https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...94#post1239594 - it should convince you. The depth of the shine and the paint itslef has to be seen to be believed. Oh, and you can forget all about getting any white stuff on your black moldings forever!

Best regards

Emilios
Old 04-26-2004, 03:00 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

The wax I am trying to get off is of the blue variety...see the molding between the bumper and the body. will zymol not do this?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:12 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

I don't think so. I'd use a spirit based cleaner, then Zymol afterwards to keep everything in order

kevin
Old 04-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought "Zaino" was the preferred wax on this board. I have lookd around for it and almost picked up Zymol by mistake a few times. I almost finished my current tub of Maguires yesterday so perhaps its time for something new. Is there a particular blend of Zymol being recommended here? Any other choices as topolish?

Cheers,
Old 04-26-2004, 04:53 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Howard,

it really depends on your budget, but since your car is dark blue you could try Carbon wax (really excellent but not offensively expensive!), and also get some HD cleanse to cleanse / prepare your paintwork for waxing.

All the best

Emilios
Old 04-26-2004, 04:56 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Titanium in this direction, apparently slightly harder wearing; if you believe the blurb.

Kevin
Old 04-26-2004, 05:05 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Kevin,

Titanium is really excellent and more expensive than Carbon. I've been told that Titanium is more suitable for silver coloured cars and that it also offers more protection from scratches/stonechips as once fullly sat/settled it is harder - applied it on a friend's 996 silver 4S who is extremely happy with it so far.

I have personally tried almost their whole range of waxes, and have settled on Vintage - which is their top of the range - unbelievable depth and shine.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 04-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Titanium on my black 993 and light blue metallic 911SC, and I love it. I haven't tried the more expensive choices yet.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:36 AM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

This link is an interesting one;
http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html
NSX forum does a back-to-back blind test on various polishes (mainly Zaino and Zymol)
Old 04-27-2004, 06:07 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Rob,

different people have different opinions and tests of this nature do not get a tangible result - my opinion is, try the products you fancy and choose between them according to your needs and budget.

Best regards

Emilios

Quick Reply: to Zymol or not Zymol....that is the question