Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbracerx
I didn’t get anything. Service@dergarage.com
super weird try emailing me - naperazzo@icloud.com
Old 04-01-2022, 02:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,949 Likes on 1,180 Posts

The stoddard kit is far nicer than the original but not remotely like the 964 kits.

They changed several times and per model. Early kits had snap bags later had string tie. Some had sockets for spark plugs some did not. None came with a spare belt AFAIK. There is no socket for wheel locks as the 964 wheel locks came with an actual key. The little hook was supplied only to cars with factory wheel locks. AFAIK only the 94 turbo came with those standard and were optional on everything else. AFAIK the yellow handle screwdriver is a G-body handle and these all came with red handles. I believe there should be 5 box wrenches and earlier cars came with a crank handle for the sunroof which was later eliminated. There should also be a 19mm Klein lug wrench.

FYI the stubby screwdrivers are nice but not part of the kits.

As nice as it was that the seller sent you that kit if you were to concours at parade they would deduct you for the kit full points as it is not original.
Old 04-01-2022, 04:55 PM
cbracerx
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
The stoddard kit is far nicer than the original but not remotely like the 964 kits.

They changed several times and per model. Early kits had snap bags later had string tie. Some had sockets for spark plugs some did not. None came with a spare belt AFAIK. There is no socket for wheel locks as the 964 wheel locks came with an actual key. The little hook was supplied only to cars with factory wheel locks. AFAIK only the 94 turbo came with those standard and were optional on everything else. AFAIK the yellow handle screwdriver is a G-body handle and these all came with red handles. I believe there should be 5 box wrenches and earlier cars came with a crank handle for the sunroof which was later eliminated. There should also be a 19mm Klein lug wrench.

FYI the stubby screwdrivers are nice but not part of the kits.

As nice as it was that the seller sent you that kit if you were to concours at parade they would deduct you for the kit full points as it is not original.
Yep - it's "Next Generation" in appearance and content. I'm not a concours guy but I am keeping this car pretty original - most of my Porsches get modified quite a bit. This restored cab is too nice for that. I've thought about selling the fancy toolkit and getting an excellent period kit that is complete, but it's really quite a good kit and for now it is living in the frunk. I have several of the 19mm Klein lug wrench's on the shelf so that is taken care of, and my spare belts arrived today to "complete" the NextGen toolkit

Last edited by cbracerx; 04-01-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Porsche Classic 964 Toolkit