Sponsored by:

Best Brand for Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 03:40 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Best Brand for Wheel Spacers

The hub centric ring broke off one of the cheapo 12mm spacers I have on the rear of my car. I’m looking to replace them with a high quality set. I have installed 65mm studs so I need the type that does not get fastened to the rotor. Looking at Rennline, H&R, Werks911, elephant racing etc. Need 12 to 15mm thickness. Any one recommend a decent pair?
Old 03-25-2022, 06:59 PM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 115 Posts

Of the ones you've listed I would go look in this order: Elephant, H&R, Rennline. It's really price point between the three
Old 03-25-2022, 07:10 PM
tjb616
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts

Rennlines are the nicest quality spacers Ive ever bought.
Old 03-25-2022, 09:34 PM
dmaddox
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 96 Posts

x2 on Rennline - am using the 15mm for my rears and they look/feel glorious. I have had spacers from a few different companies.
Old 03-25-2022, 10:59 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Just pulled the trigger on 12mm Rennline spacers. Thanks for the feedback
Old 03-25-2022, 11:05 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 429 Likes on 278 Posts

Elephant spacers are very nice. Good quality aluminum and good finish. They don't like weather, rain salt etc.

Rennline, are very good. They have a great finish...and seem to like weather much better. Perhaps because those folks are in Vermont, they think of these things.

For street use, i think k prefer the Rennline. But here is the reason. Finish aside....Rennline are looser to the three centering prongs on the hub, so they don't tend to get stuck and remain easier to remove.

Elephant - are very precise and nice quality, and are very tight to the hub prongs. Which i think, if i were racing, I'd prefer, as they would be every so slightly more true...but, they tend to get stuck, particularly after rain and salt get in there. To counter this, i have sanded mine very slightly, and i use sliver anti seize on just the prongs. You don't want antiseize on the face, so don't get that wrong.

Long answer. The short one is Rennline got it right for everyone using spacers as a looks thing to fill out the fender wells. They do their job.
I cannot stand seeing the Rennline logo on the outside of them when i have them installed. That's my only real complaint. I don't use many Rennline products for that reason. Fwiw, i also don't like seeing a porsche crest on the front of the car, on the steering wheel, on all four wheel center caps, also on all four air valves, and then porsche on each brake caliper, and the tail lights , plus the center of the steering wheel has porsche stamped into it, the car says Carrera on the back....it just never ends. We have more logos than clocks in our lives to tell us time.

When is the last time you walked around your house and counted how many things tell you what time it is....it's going to drive you nuts now that i said it...

Anyway. Rennline has to stop with the endless logos. Just my two cents.

Quick Reply: Best Brand for Wheel Spacers