Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle jammed open !

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 09:52 AM
Mark Brook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks John, wiggling everything seemed to do the trick for me too. I'd just feel more comfortable with a proper mechanical fix. Don't want it to happen next time I'm flooring it !

Cheers,

Mark 90C2
Old 04-23-2004, 10:55 AM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had mine thouroughly checked out at the next service, which didn't reveal the slightest problem.

Unfortunately, the original thread seems to have disappeared now.

Last edited by John Boggiano; 04-24-2004 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:18 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

I had only this weekend removed the pedal cluster in my 90 C4, I lubricated all the bushings and made sure all the clips were in good order. This is not a difficult operation and took about 2 hours as I worked slowly and cleaned everthing including loose change and the remnants of a previous steering linkage recall. You will notice there are 2 plastic bushes on throttle linkage that might cause binding and there is a rubber bung that sits over the throttle cable entry point into the sleeve, have a look at these and you might get some answers. There should also be a clip on the end of the throttle linkage to stop it sliding off the shaft if this was missing the linkage will not fall off but it will jam sideways.....!

You can access all this by simply removing the three screws that hold the wooden floor panel in place and lifting it over the pedals.

Youcef
Old 04-26-2004, 07:56 AM
Mark Brook
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Youcef, I have lubricated and cleaned everything, and she seems fine now. Plenty of rubbish under the floor panel. I've only just had the steering linkage recall work done, so this may have been the culprit.
Thanks for your help guys....

Mark 90C2

Quick Reply: Throttle jammed open !