Camchain Housing Seals

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 07:43 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camchain Housing Seals

Hi All

I purchased the seals for the left and right hand side of the engine camchain housings. I discovered I had 2 seals which were exactly the same yet the groove in the camchain housing cover are different. Figured the dealer made a mistake and somehow sold me two left side seals - called them up and the PET p/n for the right side is superceded to the left side p/n. Mechanic there says even though the seal is preformed for the left side one can bend it and push into the groove cover and make it fit the right side camchain housing cover. Has anyone ever replace these seals before and ran into this situation?

Thanks in advance
Bill
90C2
Old 04-19-2004, 07:54 PM
dutchcrunch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default chain cover seal

hello,

I too have changed these seals and got two of the same sides. i thought this was somewhat strange, but you can make the seal fit on the other side and yes they did work as i have no leakage anymore. i did find an outfit that did actually have a left and a right but it was too late as i had already ordered the same as you have from Porsche. cost cutting measures i think. good luck with your engine. i have a question for you and it might seem odd do you currently have your intermediate cover of by chance?????
Old 04-19-2004, 08:29 PM
darth
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dutch

Thanks for the reply. Yes the covers are off but 100 miles away - I'll be with them this weekend.

Bill
90C2

Quick Reply: Camchain Housing Seals