Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heigo bolt-in roll bar - what bolts to use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 12:57 PM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Heigo bolt-in roll bar - what bolts to use?

Hello

I got a heigo bolt-in rollcage, well half-rollcage and didn't receive any bolts with it. I guess it's normal but then I wonder what kind of bolts did you guys use on yours?
The original from the seats could be used I guess but the fit is not perfect as there is that rounded part next to the head to allow the belt to rotate. Also I prefer not damaging the threads in case of a reuse later.
I guess there are also some differences in the steel grade.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-14-2022, 07:08 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 164 Likes on 81 Posts

You can use normal 8.8 grade bolts for the struts in the halfcage itself. For fitting the half-cage to the car, you can use your existing bolts from your seat-belts. The turning mechanism of the belt at the door sill will never works as it did before. I had several attempts with longer bolts and bespoke adaptors, but in the end, i just use bolts with a ring at the top for the 6P harness... This fixed the 3P belt at the door sill.

The rear mounting points are also doable with the OEM belt bolts...

Do not tight the belt-bolts to tight... the get around 30 up to 35 NM of torque...

Old 01-14-2022, 11:25 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Guten Tag Roland,
Thanks for the answer & good info.

I will have to check clearances for the ring bolts (I am going 4points extensible to 6pt later if needed). I will soon receive used adapters ( https://www.fvd.net/de-fr/846R9001/k...te-tunnel.html ). I think I will try with these in the tunnel side + eye bolts on the side. Will use original at the back then.

Will post pictures of the setup once done. Thanks a lot for now.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:52 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Changing at the moment from a HEIGO clubsport half-cage to a full cage with two additional mounting points at the b-pillar at the top belt-mounts.... fitment is just done and the ground-plates are welded in.
In the end, i have (had also during the time with the half cage) done the inner (tunnel side) mounting point with a hole in the tunnel and this motorsport plates for the outside and the eye-bolt....

Do you have harness bar in the half-cage or do you have to use the rear harness points for mounting the shoulder belts?
Old 01-15-2022, 05:37 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Interesting!
Yes I have the harness bar with the half cage! Will probably use eye-bolts on the side next to sides at the B pillar base. Rest will be original belt bolts. In the tunnel center I will use those fvd thingies as space is pretty tight. Do you also have recaro PPs with recaro mounts (mine have that integrated belt mount in the rails, I know not all have this).
Old 01-15-2022, 01:07 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

i have RS replica seats from hahn with bespoke leathering... the PPs are to wide for me :-)

Consoles are some proper thick alloy parts also from Hahn...

Quick Reply: Heigo bolt-in roll bar - what bolts to use?