Sponsored by:

Yatour BTA with CDR-21

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 11:41 AM
spooky69
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Yatour BTA with CDR-21

I bought this on eBay and the listing stated that it works with the CDR-21. I have installed it and the radio simply says 'no CD'.

Is there a way to get this to work? Is there something that needs to be done to make the radio think that a CD changer is connected?

I have the BTA plugged into the top socket. It is powered and I can connect my phone to it but the radio does not recognise it.
Old 01-13-2022, 04:22 PM
spooky69
Racer

I contacted the seller and was told there should be an option to activate the CD changer connection, but as far as I am aware the CD changer should automatically be detected when plugged in and that's not happening with this device.

The seller has offered to take it back for a full refund but I was under the impression that it should work and I'd like to get it working if possible.

The plug connects to sockets C2 and C3, which are the correct ones for a CD changer.

I wondered if a reset of the CDR-21 would do the trick but I cannot find a way to do that - maybe it's too simple a device to need a factory reset.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:11 PM
ChrisI
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

I am not familiar with the CDR-21, but I assume it is functionally similar to my CDR-210. I've been down this road many times trying to get a Yatour to work with my CDR-210. I even contacted Becker directly, there's simply no way to trick a CDR-210 into Auxiliary mode, which is what the Yatour needs to function.

I've read people have had success with the CDR-220 and Yatour, but I prefer the look of the CDR-210.

If you really want to keep the CDR-21 but want BT you could always send the HU to Becker and have them install their module. I think it runs about $200-300 for the service.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:02 AM
bw-porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Have a look at findanymanual.com where you can pay a reasonable fee to as it says, find any manual for head units etc. I recently bought a reasonably priced Becker Grand Prix and it was just the bare unit, nothing else. You should find one for the Porsche one you have. I have been trying to link a Sony CD changer to my Becker unit but not had any real success yet! May have to get a Becker CD changer! Good luck. Brian. U.K.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:05 AM
spooky69
Racer

Originally Posted by ChrisI
I am not familiar with the CDR-21, but I assume it is functionally similar to my CDR-210. I've been down this road many times trying to get a Yatour to work with my CDR-210. I even contacted Becker directly, there's simply no way to trick a CDR-210 into Auxiliary mode, which is what the Yatour needs to function.

I've read people have had success with the CDR-220 and Yatour, but I prefer the look of the CDR-210.

If you really want to keep the CDR-21 but want BT you could always send the HU to Becker and have them install their module. I think it runs about $200-300 for the service.
I thought the Yatour was supposed to trick the head unit into thinking a CD changer was connected but it’s clearly not doing so. The CDR-21 manual says that it should recognise a CD changer automatically when it is connected.

Looking at the wiring diagram it doesn’t look particularly complex and there aren’t all that many connections, although it’s hard to establish exactly what each pin-out does in relation to the CD changer.

The Yatour connection uses C 7-11 and 18-20 - I have a feeling that the first block is not quite right and that 12 should be used in place of one of the others. I wonder if changing the pins around would get it working. I’m still not sure which pins do what… This should surely be possible though - if the head unit can be made to think that a CD changer is connected then that should surely be all that’s needed, and the unit is fairly simple so surely it’s just a matter of having the right connections made?

I’m obviously no expert though…
Old 01-14-2022, 08:07 AM
spooky69
Racer

Originally Posted by bw-porsche
Have a look at findanymanual.com where you can pay a reasonable fee to as it says, find any manual for head units etc. I recently bought a reasonably priced Becker Grand Prix and it was just the bare unit, nothing else. You should find one for the Porsche one you have. I have been trying to link a Sony CD changer to my Becker unit but not had any real success yet! May have to get a Becker CD changer! Good luck. Brian. U.K.
Finding a manual for free isn’t an issue. I’ve not managed to find a pin diagram that I am confident in for the CD changer part (C2 and C3). I think I have but I’m not 100%, and then I’m not sure which of the Yatour cables should connect to which pin…

Quick Reply: Yatour BTA with CDR-21