Sponsored by:

Dent

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 10:49 AM
Ian964
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dent

I just noticed today a small dent on the right side headlight hump. It looks like probably a branch or something fell on it because its very small and right at the apex of the curve. Its hard to see unless you are in the right light but its driving me nuts. Any easy way to get it out?? How much do you think a body shop would charge to fix something like that. Its probably only 1/2 an inch dent.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:02 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is one of those difficult questions to answer when you can't see the actual thing you are talking about.

If the paint hasn't been damaged and if the dent isn't too 'steep' if you see what I mean, it might be that they can heat the paint slightly and use a magnetic device to pull the dent out. Here in the UK this costs very little. Maybe a pic would be possible to clarify what we are looking at?
Old 04-19-2004, 11:39 AM
Ian964
Pro

I just tried to take some pictures but its to small to really capture. I took a few but I couldn't find the dent once I get the pics on my PC.

Its about the size of a dime. Very very shallow. The paint is not broken but it is scuffed in the area where the dent is. The depth of the dent is probably no more then the depth of a penny laying down. But it interupts the curves of the hood and you can mostly see if becauase of the light relection is not right there.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

I've had good luck with a dent removal company called DentPro. They use long tools to reach behind the dent and press it out. No re-painting.

They were able to remove some dents at the base of my windshield where the glass repair show must have rested my new windshield on the car before installation. After using DentPro, the dents are gone. I had 11 small dents/dings removed for $300. They come to your work and repair the car in the parking lot. Its very convient and much more affordable than the traditional body shop repair.

Give them a look. http://www.dentpro.com/
Old 04-19-2004, 11:57 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then I would say that the above method could probably be used and will not cost you much at all. You must have this sort of thing in the US?
Old 04-19-2004, 09:46 PM
JoeW
Pro

I can't imagine that you don't have one or two franchises in the UK, Christer. Here the category is called "paintless dent removal." They took three little dents like Ian964 describes out of the (black) aluminum hood of another car I had. There was still a shadow of the largest left, but I was the only one who could see it. $140. Ian, I can't imagine you wouldn't find a shop in Nasha or Concord. If not, PM me and I'll give you the info on a shop in Shrewsbury, MA. Joe W.

Quick Reply: Dent