Sponsored by:

Rear parcel shelf

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 09:50 AM
964TOK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear parcel shelf

I have noticed on my rear parcel shelf that it does not fit too well against the rear window (there is a small gap all the way round). The parcel shelf looks like it won't go back any further. Can/does the parcel shelf shrink from heat/sun exposure?

Thinking of replacing it, are the Targa & coupe parcel shelf the same? (fyi -my car has rear wiper)

Also, just replaced my front speakers with Infinity 52.5i, can I fit the original grills?

Thanks
Derek
Old 04-19-2004, 12:44 PM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

I don't have an answer regarding the parcel shelf.

Regarding the speaker grills, I was not able to use the original grills, but had no problem fitting the Infinity grills provided with the speakers. They have a dull aluminum finish. I am thinking about pulling the aluminum part of the grill off to put a satin black finish on. I think it would look better if the tweeter grill matched the larger driver.

Please don't tell me you found a way to fit the original grills - I already sold mine.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:33 PM
DavidI
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I found I had to put my rear shelf in a few times before I got the angles right so that the back of the shelf was pressing against the back of the car and the metal tongue on the vertical part of the shelf (the seat backrest) could slip into the hook in the bulkhead.

Seems unlikely that the card and leather would shrink at the same rate. If the metal tongue was not above the hook it might appear that the shelf could not go back any further.

It was much easier to take out....
Old 04-20-2004, 02:39 AM
964TOK
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Springer,

I wanted to fit the original grills but with no luck, my Infinity grills have the same finish as yours....going to spray them up this w/e to match the tweeter.

Phil R,
If your reading this, did your original grills fit on the infinity speakers you bought (think they were the 552i).
Old 04-20-2004, 07:43 AM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi there,

There's some pics on this thread of what I did regarding fitting original grilles to rear Infinity speakers:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...y&pagenumber=2

I also, repainted the grey front grilles satin black - looks much nicer if you ask me..

Cheers,
Dave.

Quick Reply: Rear parcel shelf