Sponsored by:

That darn spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 02:26 PM
Frederick Adler
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry That darn spoiler

OK, so far I have replaced the spoiler control with multiple units, replaced the wiring harness at the spoiler, replaced the manual up/down switch. At present the spoiler is UP all the time which is better than down all the time and the warning light goes out as it is supposed to. It is frustrating but this is a USED car I bought and it did not work when I got it. Replacing the control unit and the clock took it from down all the time with the warning light on all the time to the present functional warning light and up all the time. I AM THINKING, that the former owner took apart the wiring harness under the dash and put back the pin receptors for the control unit incorrectly? Does anyone have a convenient PHOTO of the multiple wires of the control unit wiring harness so I can check if the right pin receptor wires are in the right place? Tore Bervill has a good trouble shooting guide and I have not gotten to run that to test the electrical components but I think with all the changing out of components (control unit, manual switch, wiring harness with micro switches at the spoiler) it must be something more fundamental like misassembly of the pin receptors in the control unit wiring harness under the dash? Anybody have a picture so I can check that harness? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-06-2021, 05:01 PM
mojorizing
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

This post should help you.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...unit-help.html
The following 2 users liked this post by mojorizing:
Deserion (10-06-2021), Frederick Adler (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 05:18 PM
Frederick Adler
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Spoiler Control Wiring

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: That darn spoiler