Mag Bra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 08:00 PM
jtkkz
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Mag Bra?

Hello
Has anyone have any experience with Mag Bra?

www.magbra.com

Does it work well?

Does it scratch the paint?

Thank You for your replies.
Old 04-09-2004, 10:35 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used the Mag bra for track only. It protects the part it covers very well, and easy on/off. Care is advised, however. Both the paint and the back of the bra should be very clean before application. Also, like other bras, you should not let it dry on the hood after a rain, as moisture can be trapped and heated by the sun to do a number on the paint. For the track I tape the leading edges to insure that it won't blow off, but that's not needed for the highway.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:10 AM
sullivs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

I had a Mag Bra on my '79, and loved it. I tracked the car a lot and never had a problem with it blowing off. The little winglets that go under the headlights are really neat too.

Like the past post, I too, noticed that if it rained on it, there was a film of gunk that formed under it. So it was easy to remove it after the rain and just wipe it dry.

I have not installed one on my '93 yet because my hood is too rock damaged, and not worth protecting until I get it repainted.

Overall, I would rate it very highly.

Steve
Old 04-11-2004, 11:04 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

I agree with the need to keep the magnets clean and dry, but an even better product is elephantracing.com's track skins. Very effective at fending off the projectile two step paint shuffle, it covers 99% of the entire hood and, when I purchased mine, came in different colors. You can also go to a sign shop and put RTA vinyl on it for a wider variety of colors than elephant offers.

If you squint, you can see the skins in my avatar.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:11 PM
Jeff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my second set -- found them to be very easy to use and really protected the hood. The guy who owns the place owns a 95' 993 and knows what he's talking about. Can't remember his name but he takes care of the orders. I used invinca-shield on my bumper and mirrors and the mag bra when I hit he Xway -- perfect combination in my view.

Quick Reply: Mag Bra?