Sponsored by:

My new baby and the bills

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:40 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.rennspd.com/Products.asp?Task=Cool

clear lenses.......great price and I believe that mostly everyone purchased them from here with great result.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2004, 06:26 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not only are you guys quick, but thorough and correct!!!! I LOVE rennlist!!!
is a total car fluid bleed something I can do? (have moderate wrench turning abilities)
Old 04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Ok I have the clear lenses on the way, but my main eyesore is the black bumper thingy, I have seen how nice the clear lenses look when they flow seemlessly into the fog lights. Have added a pic so as to illustrate my point. Also wanted to show everyone the sweet wheels again!
Looking for some advice on how to clean them though. They are quite dull, want to get the road grime off, the car is from up north so they appear to have oxidized, any ideas?
Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bumperettes - try search - there is a long thread on them
Old 04-06-2004, 09:38 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Ruairidh you are a great help!!
ok so I have the clear lenses and the bumperette replacements on the way. Now lets get into light bulbs. I see for the turn signal I need the 1157 twist. What about for the side marker(the light next to the turn signal).
Also they are selling these in silver with blue light, can anyone tell me if that would be legal, or would it look stupid anyway?
Mmmm....Blue turn/side markers?
Since I see that you are a Texan Ruairdh are there any local places I should go / avoid? Are you going to the PCA Parade?
Old 04-06-2004, 09:40 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

oh yeah and what does "dual filament" actually mean?
Old 04-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Congratulations on the new car, Jason. As Arjan has suggested, looks like you got a typical trade-in car, with lots of small (but common) repairs needing attention.

There's a DIY on replacing the spoiler wall on Robin Sun's website. A new wall will run you somewhere in the neighborhood of $80. Though, if it's not too far gone, you can actually make a long-term, durable & discreet repair using black duct tape on the torn folds.

http://p-car.com/diy/spoilerwall/

While the site is aimed primarily at the 993, you'll find lots of articles applicable to your 964, as well.

As others suggested, do not purchase a new CCU until you're absolutely certain it's the problem. If you do determine that you need a new CCU, you can buy a new one from a discount dealer for around $800, or have yours repaired for about $350.

You might consider starting a separate thread for your heater problems...

If you decide to buy new tail-lights, expect to pay about $130 each. The center reflector will run about $185. These are (again) prices at a discount Porsche dealer.

Good luck, and enjoy the car!
Old 04-09-2004, 07:45 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Where are these "Discount Porsche Dealer" cant find a price better than 180 for the left rear tail light.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:00 PM
JoeW
Pro

Try Sunset Porsche or Brandywine Porsche. Both are on the web. (I prefer Sunset.) Joe W.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:32 AM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Joe is right....and make sure you ask for the Excellence magazine discount (or else they might charge you the "local" rate):

http://www.sunsetimports.com/porscheatcost.htm
Old 04-10-2004, 01:44 PM
jasonbu64
Instructor

Great placed the order for a quote today @ Sunset, thanks for the tip about the discount rate
Old 04-10-2004, 01:47 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the bulb questions, the front blinker is either a 7506 or 7528 dual filament (not 1157). You'll know it's the right bulb if it has TWO contact points/poles at the bottom. That allows for operaton in low and blinking modes. I installed the 7528--perfect!

I bought my Stealth Bulbs ($29.95 + s/h) from http://www.group5motorsport.com It took about a week and a half to receive.

I also bought some fresh side markers/parking lights from the local BMW shop ($5.28). It looks just like a stock 194. Sorry I don't have a before and after pic on this swap but I'm pretty certain the bimmer part is a lot brighter.

First tip: Pay special attention to the removal/replacement slots and posts for the blinkers. The posts are located at different heights but it's very easy to mix it up. Do it right and they slide right in--no forcing necessary.

Second tip: When you get the side marker lenses, you'll have to drill out the bulb holes (RoW does not use a bulb here). After doing this, you'll have plastic trimmings in the lens. Simply flush them out at your kitchen sink. Skip this step and the trimmings will haunt you in your sleep.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: My new baby and the bills