Sponsored by:

Track info needed

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Engin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Joe,

Yes there are many Porsches in Istanbul. I don't know about the numbers but I'll keep that in mind and ask next time the distributor.

I know that a Porsche Club was formed in Istanbul (now defunct ) and had about 50 members a few years back.

There are mostly new Porsches around. I personally know of about 10 964's, one 72 RS, various pre-964 and 993's. But as I said, I'll have to look into the registered numbers.

Take care,
Old 04-12-2004, 10:50 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever think about taking some pictures of the cars with some of the local attractions? I'm betting people would want to see those if you ever put together a gallery. It sure would beat the pictures we've all see a hundred times! Keep us posted on how this goes! Joe W.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:44 AM
Greg_L
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Engin, great photos !!

You're living out one of my dreams, by taking part in a cup racing series. I'm so jealous! Best of luck during the rest of the season.
Does the winner get given a seat in a paid touring car series for Seat?
Keep us informed of how you get on.

cheers,
Greg
Old 04-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Engin
Advanced

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the kind wishes! I'll definitely keep you informed. Maybe I'll post some photos of more exciting moments from the races as well.

"A paid touring car series": I wish!

Well, anyway this is a hobby for me and I seriously cannot consider it due to my regular job. I already know that I will be missing some races this season; and I am not seriously looking for a sponsor, because I don't want to feel responsible to them.

However, I am looking forward to the completion of the F1 track in Istanbul. It will definitely be interesting to race on that track next year and I want to keep my seat in SEAT or possibly in an Audi in next season.

Take care,
Old 04-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Engin
Advanced

Joe,

This is a great idea. I'll try to do that myself and encourage some of my friends as well. But it will take time. I'll keep everyone posted.

Take care,
Old 04-14-2004, 10:32 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll look forward to it, whenever. Good luck, Joe W.

Quick Reply: Track info needed