Sponsored by:

Soft top frame adjustment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2021 | 07:01 AM
Peter Ekeroth
2nd Gear

Default Soft top frame adjustment?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some sort of manual how to adjust the soft top frame on my 964 C2 cabrio? As you can see from the picture the problem is that its not fully down in its open position. It seems it should go down some 4-5 inches more. I can't find any relevant adjustment screws. Any tips would be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2021 | 02:09 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Did you unzip the window?
Old 01-29-2021 | 04:58 PM
Harry Apps
Pro

Originally Posted by Peter Ekeroth
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is some sort of manual how to adjust the soft top frame on my 964 C2 cabrio? As you can see from the picture the problem is that its not fully down in its open position. It seems it should go down some 4-5 inches more. I can't find any relevant adjustment screws. Any tips would be appreciated.
Hi Peter

Firstly, did the hood close to that position using the electric motors? Secondly, have you tried loosening the LH and RH drives thro’ the rear qtr panels into the “emergency” manual mode? If not, try that first. If the hood drops to its lowest, then you will need to check/adjust one of the two microswitches behind the RH qtr panel. The switches are located on the RH Drive casing – its not difficult! Do you have the Drivers Manual?
Old 01-30-2021 | 09:29 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Check gear box mounts to ensure the are tight. Then check drive cables from motors to gear box on each side. Drive cable are known to shrink (become shorter) which lets cable slip and not fully drive gears or allows offset. May need to back off gear box and recenter
top position then retighten center bolt.
The micro switch will need to be adjusted, but not until you re-center top so it is in correct closed position and even on both sides. There are numerous post on this if you can search/find. Look for post on Cab motor cables also.

Quick Reply: Soft top frame adjustment?