Sponsored by:

Door lock not working and diodes not flashing

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2021, 06:14 AM
Jmw123
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lock not working and diodes not flashing

Hi, hoping someone can help, I've gone blind searching forums! I'm a new 964 owner and these forums have save many hours...but I've drawn a blank on this issue...help!

Issue: I can't lock or unlock the drivers door with the key, the diodes on top of both door locks now don't flash, my Toad alarm now goes off after setting with the fob. Passenger door locks/unlocks normally with a key. Central locking switch on centre console operates both doors normally.

Circumstances: Battery had drained to almost dead, recharged the battery, went for a drive, all good. Set alarm and decided to test what would happen if I opened the driver door with the key. Found I couldn't unlock the drivers door with key, went to passenger side, opened car as expected, car alarm went off as expected, thought "all good, wonder why the drivers door won't open". Locked the car with the alarm fob, noticed the diodes on top of the locks weren't flashing, then alarm went off.

Situation now: Diodes on locks do not flash when locked (can't get these back on or find any posts related to this issue) - I did notice that at one point the driver diode was lit very dimly then just faded to out (this was with a well charged battery). Car alarm goes off after about 20 seconds of being locked with the alarm fob - this is a Toad alarm so not the standard Porsche alarm. Appreciate there are 3 things at play here Drivers door lock (suspect something needs replacing), Diodes on top of both door lock ***** (why would these not flash when the car is locked? and how fix) and alarm going off for no apparent reason (any ideas?).

Has anyone seen this situation before and have ideas of how to fix? Would really appreciate any views. Not sure is all come back to the battery discharge or a few coincidences. I did wonder about removing that battery for 20 mins to reset things, but have read so much about DME remapping etc that I've held off doing anything until one of you helpful people may suggest what the problem maybe/what a fix could be.

Many thanks all

Last edited by Jmw123; 01-17-2021 at 06:17 AM. Reason: Quick update to text

Quick Reply: Door lock not working and diodes not flashing