Sponsored by:

OT, stereo Xover and EQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 904 Likes on 532 Posts
Default OT, stereo Xover and EQ

I just purchased and installed one of these as the 2 McIntosh units were about 4 times the size and weight. These also eliminate the need for those crappy passive box crossovers and allow amps to operate more efficiently. The electronic in this unit are phenominal and this would probably make any amp/head unit sound like a million dollars. Notice, I did not say speakers, because you still need decent speakers . . .

Anyway the box weighs about the same as two large passive crossover boxes that comes with speakers and will eliminate those and give you a lot of toys to make your sound just right in that Porsche cabin which accoustically, is far from optimal.

http://www.audiocontrol.com/MobileAu...gital/DQX.html
Old 03-25-2004, 06:46 PM
BGLeduc
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 64 Posts

Nothing to say about the unit in question, but I own a couple Audiocontrol products for my home theater (Bijou HT EQ) and in my second system (Richter Scale bass EQ) and its top shelf stuff.

Outstanding build quality, and great support.

If their car stuff is like there home stuff, then I would recommend them without hesitation.

BGL
Old 03-25-2004, 09:39 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Just put it in and it sound awesome. I am very picky and this thing exceeded my expectations. It also takes the quess work out of gain setting.
Old 03-25-2004, 10:15 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Audio Control products for car audio have always been top notch products. I've been into car audio since the late '80's and AC stuff was always used for serious crossover work and eq duties as far back as I can remember. Pro stuff. Good choice Doug!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:23 PM
Jay H
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just browsed around the AC website... I can't believe they are still making those eq's (EQX, EQT) that were very popular in the '80's. I guess if you do it right the first time, you don't have to redo it...
Old 03-25-2004, 11:06 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

The eqs actually do wonders for the Porsche interior which is not that great acoustically. The problems with the Porsche interior is the speaker placement and the fact that there are not kick panels for the mids. I though about forming air tight chambers with Dynamat, but that would add about 5 to 10 pounds.

My equipment is pretty solid and still needed some equalization. Not a whole lot, but I dropped the highs from about 5k and up 1 db with 2db cuts at 16k and 20k. I then boosted the mid bass around 350 down to 80 1 db and boosted 80 hz to 25 hz 2 dbs. I am just about there and it is amazing the differnece it can make with just a touch of eq.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:21 PM
ian c - u.k

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm on withy my amps install at the moment .
will post some piccies later !!!

i'm hoping the eq's in the amps will get me there , as i'm struggling for space ( factory look ) , plus i just spent TOOOOOOOOOOO much on a headunit with twin 24bit dacs !!!

Quick Reply: OT, stereo Xover and EQ