Need help please - Blower Motor Duct Screws

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Kidasters
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need help please - Blower Motor Duct Screws

Hey guys, I need some help.

Yesterday, I decided to replace the failed deck lid lifters on the 964 with the mechanical only lifters from Rennline. There is no room to work on the 964 (unlike the "G" series car, which I did in about 15 min). Right side was pretty easy with removal of the top 1/2 of the airbox. For the left side though, I knew I would have to remove the blower motor. That wasn't too bad, once I found the hidden bolt. One thing that I thought was weird when I was removing the motor - there was a weird nut between the boss on the intake manifold and the bushing on the motor. I couldn't figure out why it was there. A few hours later - I looked at the part number on the motor and it all fell into place. The motor had been replaced with a 993 motor at some point. I've read that is a common replacement. Anyway - I also know that the bushings on the 993 motor are different than the 964, and that the guy that did the work must have put the nut on there as a spacer.

Anyway - I've ordered a 964 motor on e-bay, and I'll take it apart and use the bushings off of it with the 993 housing. The thing is - what also went missing when they did the motor swap was one of the 3 screws that hold the ducting to the motor. Now - I realize it's minor, and in a spot that no-one can see, but I'd like my car to be complete. I looked around McMaster-Carr, and they don't have them. I've reached out some of the Porsche Salvage places, and have not heard back. My ask here, does anyone have at least one screw off of the ductwork? Please?

Thanks!

Ken

Edit - I found it. It's the one that I unscrewed when I removed the motor in the first place. It sucks getting old.

Last edited by Kidasters; 12-18-2020 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Found it.

Quick Reply: Need help please - Blower Motor Duct Screws