Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this corner balancing ratio look ok on a 964 C4?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 01:19 PM
YesJoshYes
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does this corner balancing ratio look ok on a 964 C4?

I've just had my 91 C4 corner balanced, and wanted to see if these numbers / ratio looked normal.

I've tried to dip my toes into weight savings, but haven't pulled the trigger on any of the major creature comforts yet. For reference, weight saving modifications so far:
- Sunroof Delete
- Cup pipe
- Driver airbag removal
- Heater bypass pipe
- Lightweight flywheel
- Lithium Battery

...and what might be next, if I decide it's worth it:
- Replace front seats w/ something else (Recaros?)
- Remove rear seats
- Passenger airbag removal (not sure if the original one is still even good anymore)
- A/C removal
- (if I'm feeling extra ballsy) Remove AWD system

Would love to know any other easy ways you all have removed weight that you'd recommend.

Old 11-10-2020, 05:21 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,425 Likes on 825 Posts

pretty decent assuming it accounts for driver weight.

I'm sure you could dial it in a teensy bit more if you really cared, but for a regular street car, this is more than good enough.

Last edited by Quadcammer; 11-11-2020 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:58 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Dump stock seats and go to Recaro Pole Position or something similar and you will save around 125lbs.
Interior carpet and sound proofing-replacement with a lighter weight carpet. Replace foot/floor mats and foot rest area with aluminum panels from Renn sport -
Old 11-11-2020, 10:10 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Stock 4-way comfort seats are 49 lbs each on my scale. Interesting how the weight of components always tend to be overestimated, and the weight of cars underestimated

Corner balance looks fantastic to me. I assume this is with 1xx lbs placed in the driver seat to simulate driver weight?
Old 11-11-2020, 12:17 PM
Matt Andrews
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

The execution of the corner balance looks good. How far are you willing to go - or what is your goal? And like everyone else, I assume this includes your weight in the passenger seat...

The other easy things beyond what you've done that I did on my first C2 include rennline's delete plates for radio, passenger airbag, lower dash. Also the amp under the passenger seat and race buckets. Other changes are minor weight that does add up, but takes a lot of effort. Things like carpet make a difference, but it is also weight on the floorpan of the car - which matters a lot less than wight on the roof. Bumper beams are at the polar ends of the car and are relatively heavy. But you really start making safety and comfort concessions to remove much more...

Unsprung weight will give you a bigger performance return. Buy a set of e88's, light tires, & 2 piece rotors.

Quick Reply: Does this corner balancing ratio look ok on a 964 C4?