Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of finished product, mixed feelings

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug, Great looking car. You can probably comment on this having just changed the seats. When I get in my Speedster it feels like a very different car from the cab. I though it was probably the seat position that made the car feel so different. Was that your experience. Love the red guage surround. Reminds me of old sports cars that had painted dashboards. $250. to get the airbag reset sounds like a rip. Regards, Roy
Old 03-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 905 Likes on 532 Posts

Thanks guys. $ 250 is a rip, but the exclamation point is still lighting up. They said the pulled the guage to check the wiring and re set the light. I have a feeling the interior guys screwed up some wiring when they pulled my dash . . . Maybe my new inserts will be cheaper.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by ian c - u.k
hey doug ,
how do you get the girls in the back ??
also m, are you going to fit red harnesses ??

looking cool from that angle
The sub box comes out. It is mounted on 4 metal dowels that go through the backs of the seats and is easy to remove. I do have a roll bar and the red harness will be a future addition. I have had the roll bar out though since day one, but one day I will put it back in and get a harness.
Old 03-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were having 4 Porsches maintained at a dealer I would expect the airbag reset as a comp. along with coffee and some Krispee Kremes.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Hahaha. You would think. I had my brother pick my car up and he said two people came up to him to ask about me and the family. I was laughing saying they ought to, I have bought six cars from one those guys since around 1999.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:32 PM
robmug
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Doug - I love the seats. Not so sure about the dash. Agree with others re the door panels, but actually I think it looks OK with the standard ones!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:13 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Doug H
Someone asked for a wider angle shot so I though I would attach.
That was me. Thanks!

Still loving it!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Kahdmus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Doug, there is a picture of a 964 turbo on page 62 of the 40th Anniversary edition of 911&PW. It has the exact same seats as yours, with steering wheel to match the inserts (2 shades of gray and red) and red door pulls. I would scan the interior pic, but dont want to upset anyone (you reading this Phil?). I thought of this post the moment I saw the pic, and I hate to say it...but the car would look BETTER with a red gauge surround like yours LOL!
Old 03-19-2004, 12:48 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Kahdmus
Doug, there is a picture of a 964 turbo on page 62 of the 40th Anniversary edition of 911&PW. It has the exact same seats as yours, with steering wheel to match the inserts (2 shades of gray and red) and red door pulls. I would scan the interior pic, but dont want to upset anyone (you reading this Phil?). I thought of this post the moment I saw the pic, and I hate to say it...but the car would look BETTER with a red gauge surround like yours LOL!
That's great. I will have to dig that one up and glad to hear about the red guage surround. Its not for everyone, but it is a fairly easy and inexpensive modification. I paid $ 47.00 for the factory black vynil guage surround from www.departop.com. My shop died it white first and then red. It should be easy to match any body color if they dye white first and then back to the body color, just in case anyone is interested. I still have my black surround just in case.
Old 03-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Nice day outside. Spent all day in the convertible and even popped in my local wrench's (not dealer) shop. The compliments on the seats have been very positive. I have to say that everything is groing on me and the everyone who sees the car comments on how cool the seats look. Will still probably have the all black inserts made here shortly, but I will probably rotate them to keep either set from getting too worn out looking and also to keep some variety going.

I tore up some back roads today with a young cousin from Atlanta. The setas are great in the twisties. Makes you feel more in control and more solid in the tight turns. Much better feel for the road.

Last edited by Doug H; 03-20-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 03-20-2004, 10:14 AM
ian c - u.k

Originally posted by Doug H
The sub box comes out. It is mounted on 4 metal dowels that go through the backs of the seats and is easy to remove. I do have a roll bar and the red harness will be a future addition. I have had the roll bar out though since day one, but one day I will put it back in and get a harness.
no , doug , i meant how do you get the girls in the back when the seats dont tilt ??
Old 03-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

These seats are much thinner than the regular seats and my girls actually have more room even with the seats all the way back. This is awesome. We used to slide our seats forward a good bit to give the girls leg room making it somewhat cramped in the front. No need now. I can also slide the seats forward enough they can get in without the forward tilting back rest feature. I could not squeeze back there without the top down, but there is enough room for the girls to squeeze in. With the top down, they can simply walk to the rear between the front seats although it is not necessary as they have enough room to get in from the sides.

Good selling point for the wives out there. "See honey, the girls have a lot more room in the back because these seats are much thinner." May work for you guys with kids.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:33 PM
ian c - u.k

i was looking (again) at some 993 sports seats i found at the weekend .
backs allready painted black , so one less job !!
tried to phone southbound for a price for retrim , but they wernt in/answering .
found a picture of the 993 seats , showed it to a few people for opinions , my sister said " i like your seats , they look elegant "!!!!!
stupid woman , what does she know about cars ?? she drives a 4x4 !!

so , last night i got the picture and looked at it with my sports
"tombstone" seats in the background ........................
my sister was right !!!

the bolsters are bigger on my seats , and the look slimmer , more sporty , and dare i say it .............. "elegant" !!!

now if the 993 sports seats where the same shape as yours doug , but recliners , i'd have snapped them up !!!
Old 03-22-2004, 03:21 AM
nine64
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Doug,
Your seat is it Recaro SPG or Pole position. You just inspire me to change my seat, I have though about it but my friend would say it doesn't look right on a conv. you prove them wrong. look very sweet and sure it work better than standard one.
cheers
tenn

Quick Reply: Pictures of finished product, mixed feelings