964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pictures of finished product, mixed feelings

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004 | 12:46 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Looks fine with me but what's with the glossy leather, did you treat the leather because it look way too glossy and almost wet?

Ciao,

Johannes E.
Old 03-16-2004 | 03:14 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Doug,

..........It's me agian. If it was my car...... I would bring everything back as Porsche made it.
I think that all the work you did will lowerer the resale price of your car. SORRY..........

If I was looking for a 964 Cab, I would not buy one who wass dressed like this. It's just a matter of taste I think.

It's all TOO MUCH of all.
Seems to me you don't know where to spend the money, and where.
I would bring all things back to normal and sell all those items. Buy instead of that a set of nice black Recaro seats and racing belts.

But again, I thing everything you do is done well, but I don't like the colour choice..........

Don't shoot.......
Old 03-16-2004 | 05:22 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

I guess it depends upon which side of the pond you live on, I think it's all too much.
Personally I like to see subtle touches, this is a little too much in your face for my own taste.
But different strokes for different folks as they say.

Kevin.
Old 03-16-2004 | 05:32 AM
Youcef
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmmmm, interesting the different veiws on your car Doug. My thoughts are that as a package your car looks super, the interior and the exterior complement each other and from your tests you have the grunt to match the looks. The exterior is slick, nice wheels and a super tail, the red dash only compliments the seat rears, as an entire unit it is nice IMHO. I would however think that if the you painted a red dash in my plain old standard looking 964 it would stand out like dogs goolies and not enhance the car at all. The entire car looks very fast (except the wheel) congrats and make a very individual car.

Youcef
Old 03-16-2004 | 05:50 AM
Christian K
Racer

I like the RS-seats, but I'm not to crazy about the red dash and the white instruments.

cheers

Christian

1990 C2
ex. 1984 Carrera
Old 03-16-2004 | 06:09 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Kevin, you are right. It's just a question of taste.
Doug needs to do what he thinks that's best for him. I just give my opionion about it, respected or not.

Example: I like the chrome D '90 Wheels very much which people in the USA often have and like Kadmhus has on his car, should I use those overhere, people think I live on the trailer park. Not that care too much about that, but that's the difference you mentioned.

Doug has to act on his own good feeling. That's what counts. We only can give a opinion.
Old 03-16-2004 | 08:49 AM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Doug, I have changed the 3 color seat inserts to all red on my speedster. I'd like to send a picture but can't seem to upload. When I hit the upload it says members only. I see other users posting pics. Any help?
Old 03-16-2004 | 09:23 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Go to reply, and put in a attachment, not to big, low pixels. Works fine.
Old 03-16-2004 | 09:28 AM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Thanks Arjan, I'll try it.
Old 03-16-2004 | 09:53 AM
Michael Delaney
Racer

I hope you like red.
Old 03-16-2004 | 09:57 AM
Michael Delaney
Racer

Here's one more.
Old 03-16-2004 | 10:19 AM
jonesey
Addict
Rennlist Member

Roy...great pictures and I bet this is what Doug envisioned. I like the solid red inserts and the shift boot really pulls the two together. I thought Doug had mentioned this addition in a previous post...

I also had a nice pic from GT Purely Porsche to share but I am not able to upload either for some reason...wish I could share it.

Would someone be willing to post the pic if I send it by email???

Doug...in my opinion, you are on the right track...maybe change the inserts and keep refining it. I think you will be happy in the end. As far as devaluation is concerned...I don't really buy into it. One could argue that your RUF upgrade devalues the car from it's "stock" condition, but not me.

Like a piece of art, it won't matter it's value if you decide you will never sell it anyway...

Jonesey
Old 03-16-2004 | 10:30 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

You know the differences between Roy's car and Doug's (and here I'm showing the influences of married life and home redecorators) are the additional colors in Doug's car - the grey seat inserts and the white gauges.

Nothing wrong (at all) in that but your average Martha Stewart would be wittering about a lack of harmony (and male tastes being "different") - don't ask me how I know, just sympathize that I do!
Old 03-16-2004 | 11:23 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Default Re: Pictures of finished product, mixed feelings

Originally posted by Doug H
I can definitely say I am not jumping up and down about it especially after I pulled the top down. Not sure about anything.

The flash on my camera does make everything much brighter than it normally appears. Let me know what you guys think and what I should do including returning it back to the way it was.
It is your car, your signature, your likes. The hell with what anyone else thinks. Bottom line is if YOU like it?

Having said that, here is my opinion.

I was never to crazy about the different shades of colors Porsche installed in the speedsters or 959... seemed out of place in terms of color coordination. So the only thing I would change are the inserts. I would have them all Red. To me, you have to many colors contrasting in the car.

Dash looks way to cool... leave it. Dials are a nice touch too. Leave them (actually I have similar ones )

As some other have stated here... you car started out with its own personality anyway... so why the concerns now?? All red inserts and you should be more happy than a dog with three tails...

Old 03-16-2004 | 11:30 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Roy Eames
I hope you like red.
I had not seen this post when I replied to Doug's post. The look in that car is what I am suggesting.

Awesome looking car

And since you have the weight reduction bug... change the door panels I did. The originals panels with the arm rest and pockets weight a ton (well... not a ton but you loose a couple of pounds there)... if you do, make sure you order a couple of extra door pulls... they tend to fade with everyday use, ask me how I know....

Quick Reply: Pictures of finished product, mixed feelings