Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Veloce GT1 wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 10:39 AM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I did some research, and they are in fact TUV approved.

But I still wonder not being a wheel fitment expert, if they will fit a narrow body 964..

Does anyone know?
Old 03-16-2004, 11:03 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those offsets will work on our cars; the standard is 52-55mm. There is not a lot of leeway, however, under the fenders so 225f / 255r tires would be the max sizes I'd use with these wheels ... unless you're ready to play with spacers, camber, oil lines and rolling your fenders.

Greg, From pics of your car, it looks as if you might be running spacers front and rear or utilizing offsets which are smaller than the standard spec. Your wheels appear to be sticking out pass the fender lips which is atypical for a stock wheel. You may want to give everything a once over to confirm your current offsets and then proceed from there. It could just be the camber.

Last edited by joey bagadonuts; 03-16-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by C4TT
I did some research, and they are in fact TUV approved.

But I still wonder not being a wheel fitment expert, if they will fit a narrow body 964..

Does anyone know?
PWS who are a dealer in the UK told me in writing on 29.11.2002 that:

"They will fit your car directly WITHOUT any spacers or wheel arch mods. "
Old 03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by joey bagadonuts
Those offsets will work on our cars; the standard is 52-55mm. There is not a lot of leeway, however, under the fenders so 225f / 255r tires would be the max sizes I'd use with these wheels ... unless you're ready to play with spacers, camber, oil lines and rolling your fenders.

Thanks for this info! (nice pic) I am really tempted by these wheels... Affordable, and much lighter than any other option I've looked at.

Greg, From pics of your car, it looks as if you might be running spacers front and rear or utilizing offsets which are smaller than the standard spec. Your wheels appear to be sticking out pass the fender lips which is atypical for a stock wheel. You may want to give everything a once over to confirm your current offsets and then proceed from there. It could just be the camber.
No spacers as of now. I can say that the car is not very cambered as is. In fact in the rear, when fully compressed there is about half an inch of space between the tire and the well. So the car could benefit from a spacer...
As of now, I am running 245s and 215, with no real slippage issues. So going to 225 and 255 will be fine.
And I would prefer not to play the role/spacer/oil line game...
Thanks again!

Greg

Quick Reply: Veloce GT1 wheels