Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2020, 11:45 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SELLING MY D. MORIS HARDTOP!!!

Rennlisters,
Check out the Parts Marketplace.

I'm offering my D. Moris removable hardtop imported from France for sale. This converts your 964 from a cabrio to a coupe and looks fantastic. It is currently midnight blue. I'm not going to spend a lot of time typing up the process of installing the top but suffice it to say you'll need to remove the soft top completely and switch out the automatic hardware that closes the soft top for manual hardware that's used on Targa tops. All the hardware you need is included. I always had my body shop guys do it for me and they charged 300 bucks. I used the hardtop in summer because it's so hot here in Florida, winter is when you enjoy the top down. Do your research. You'll want to paint it to match your car. It uses OEM Porsche glass and looks stunning once put on. So if it's so great why am I selling it? I've been fortunate enough to have just bought a 2009 997.2 coupe. I'm keeping the 964 but it will not be my daily driver. So if I'll have a coupe and a cabrio and no need to switch. I'm offering it at 6K plus shipping but if you're near Jacksonville Florida you can pick it up. I did a couple of threads on the top, one when I first got it and at least one more showing the process if you care to look them up. If I can manage it I'll put a link up later but for now, here are some photos. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
The following users liked this post:
9SIX4-C4 (04-12-2021)
Old 07-28-2020, 08:54 PM
Duncan Ellis
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Very interested. Just sent you a PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 12:30 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice. Given how hard it was for me to import mine from France, having one stateside and ready to go is worth the ask!
Old 08-04-2020, 10:22 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

SOLD!! Thank you for your interest.

NoSub Dan
The following 2 users liked this post by NoSub Dan:
-nick (08-04-2020), 9SIX4-C4 (04-12-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 12:42 PM
Kev.k
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

That’s is awesome.

Ive been overlooking cabs despite them being much cheaper, but that makes a huge difference.
The following users liked this post:
gccch (04-08-2021)
Old 04-26-2021, 01:04 AM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Hardtop for sale
Old 04-26-2021, 10:05 AM
gccch
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 57 Posts

That is very interesting but looks like it is not going to fit a 964.
Old 04-27-2021, 10:48 AM
Bigsix964
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Actually I reckon it could be made to fit pretty readily, considering D. Moris markets their own unit as “911/964/993” and shows pictures of it on all three.
How’s the progress on yours?
Old 04-28-2021, 11:10 PM
gccch
Racer

Originally Posted by Bigsix964
Actually I reckon it could be made to fit pretty readily, considering D. Moris markets their own unit as “911/964/993” and shows pictures of it on all three.
How’s the progress on yours?
Perhaps... mine is due to ship sometime in May. Will post progress... car is still in the shop for tune up anyway. I hope to have it back by then!
Old 09-13-2021, 03:04 AM
Saltopia
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey I might be interested in that for my car. This is Dan @ saltcity@mac.com

Originally Posted by NoSub Dan
Rennlisters,

I'm offering my D. Moris removable hardtop imported from France for sale. This converts your 964 from a cabrio to a coupe and looks fantastic. It is currently midnight blue. I'm not going to spend a lot of time typing up the process of installing the top but suffice it to say you'll need to remove the soft top completely and switch out the automatic hardware that closes the soft top for manual hardware that's used on Targa tops. All the hardware you need is included. I always had my body shop guys do it for me and they charged 300 bucks. I used the hardtop in summer because it's so hot here in Florida, winter is when you enjoy the top down. Do your research. You'll want to paint it to match your car. It uses OEM Porsche glass and looks stunning once put on. So if it's so great why am I selling it? I've been fortunate enough to have just bought a 2009 997.2 coupe. I'm keeping the 964 but it will not be my daily driver. So if I'll have a coupe and a cabrio and no need to switch. I'm offering it at 6K plus shipping but if you're near Jacksonville Florida you can pick it up. I did a couple of threads on the top, one when I first got it and at least one more showing the process if you care to look them up. If I can manage it I'll put a link up later but for now, here are some photos. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
email me and let me know how much you are wanting.
Old 09-14-2021, 01:34 PM
Ralph3.
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Saltopia
email me and let me know how much you are wanting.
See post 4
Old 10-04-2021, 02:34 AM
Saltopia
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is D. Moris a honest, stand up kind of guy

Originally Posted by NoSub Dan
Rennlisters,

First I am curious if you still have any hardware available from D. Moris and any prices. Second do you feel I would have any issues with his company if I were to buy from D.Moris. For example is a very risky wiring that money over to him in France and also what is the expected ETA on getting the merchandise, another thing I thought of was is it difficult to pick up the items that you get when you go to the airport and when I have to go through customs. Any information you can provide for me that would be great thank you

Thanks,
Dan
Salt Lake City
Old 10-04-2021, 01:01 PM
gccch
Racer

Originally Posted by Saltopia
First I am curious if you still have any hardware available from D. Moris and any prices. Second do you feel I would have any issues with his company if I were to buy from D.Moris. For example is a very risky wiring that money over to him in France and also what is the expected ETA on getting the merchandise, another thing I thought of was is it difficult to pick up the items that you get when you go to the airport and when I have to go through customs. Any information you can provide for me that would be great thank you

Thanks,
Dan
Salt Lake City
You can see my recent experience here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...s-hardtop.html

Quick Reply: SELLING MY D. MORIS HARDTOP!!!