Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 07:34 PM
FL4t6
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cruise Control Help

I am looking to make my cruise control function again on my 1990 C2. So far the diagnosing/troubleshooting steps I have taken are:
  • Swap Clutch switches. However, both were used.
  • Replace the brake light switch after breaking the original.
  • Replace all bulbs except the front turn signals with incandescent bulbs.
  • Remove any unused wiring in path.
  • Swap Cruise control computer from a 1997 993.
  • Replace the Vehicle Speed Sensor in the trans.
  • Replace the ABS relay in frunk.
  • Test functionality at cruise module from the inputs using a multi-meter.
NOTHING! I'm so frustrated by this. I really don't have any clue where to go from here other than thinking it may be that both clutch switches or wiring were bad based upon my multi-meter testing. Here are some YouTube videos that I made to try to help:

Hopefully someone can help me out because I'd really like to have the cruise functioning for Luft (assuming it's still going to happen).

Additionally, when I ordered the new brake switch it came with spade plugs so I had to cut the old wiring. I didn't make note of the wire orientation. I have attached some pictures of my current wiring. If anyone has an 89 or 90 and can help me out with making sure I have the pedal box wires correct, I would appreciate that.

Old 04-06-2020, 09:09 AM
Kayaknfly
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

Can’t help too much with trouble shooting.
but for the wires.... I don’t think it matters. Should be a simple switch.... I redid my pedal assemblies, roll pin, and clutch master cylinder etc last fall. I just checked my pictures. And from what I can see(didn’t take great pics of those wires) The single plug my orange wire is on the right side... the two plugs the yellow and green wire is on the right side.
hope that helps some. Sounds like a fiasco to trouble shoot the cruise control. I’ve taken mine working for granted!
oh and mine is a 1990 c4 cab.

Quick Reply: Cruise Control Help