Sponsored by:

Brake upgrade - couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 09:06 AM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
You could try the porterfield r4s which i run on my 71 and ran on my former 89. Those are nice street pads. They hold up well in the canyons and are moderately priced.

unfortunately I’m not at my other garage to check but when i ordered my brakes from race tech we spec the ts20, but they came with a Brembo pad. We didn’t notice until i was doing a bleed and looked at the pads. Rt sent me the right pads but the kit pads they sent were not bad. I did notice on swap the ts20 had a little more initial bite and a slightly firmer feel. These are somewhat subjective. Looking on their site looks like stock kit pad is fm1000
Gotta agree here. I ran them hard on my BMW 2002 for years and they were quiet, easy to modulate, not to dusty and can take some heat on the mountain curves.

Pete
Old 02-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

Originally Posted by Peteinjp
Gotta agree here. I ran them hard on my BMW 2002 for years and they were quiet, easy to modulate, not to dusty and can take some heat on the mountain curves.

Pete
yes agree!

The upside for me is Porterfield is about 20 mins down the road... walk in and buy pads... every time I'm there, in stock too!

Quick Reply: Brake upgrade - couple questions