Sponsored by:

sport seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 06:47 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default sport seats

never seen or sat in nicer, more comfortable seats in just about ANY car, cept'n maybe the recaros in my old D2 A8....a toss up, anyway, i am looking for a set now and just wonder if anyone has any suggestions on possibly making them even marginally lighter....? motors out seems like one of the only things i can think of...once i get 'em where i want, well, its pretty much just me driving...or should i be coming at reducing weight from other angles, any ideas would of course be greatly appreciated, and as always, thanks for watching...or.....wait, that is a line from other media events...many others...
Old 12-12-2019, 07:24 PM
SR20Fastback
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by kkswow12
never seen or sat in nicer, more comfortable seats in just about ANY car, cept'n maybe the recaros in my old D2 A8....a toss up, anyway, i am looking for a set now and just wonder if anyone has any suggestions on possibly making them even marginally lighter....? motors out seems like one of the only things i can think of...once i get 'em where i want, well, its pretty much just me driving...or should i be coming at reducing weight from other angles, any ideas would of course be greatly appreciated, and as always, thanks for watching...or.....wait, that is a line from other media events...many others...

Probably not terribly cost effective, but I think Drew (cooled collective) that he was going to be selling his sports seats. However shipping from LA to DEU is prob less than ideal. As far as making them lighter, I think the level of effort would be better used at making other things lighter instead.
Old 12-12-2019, 08:01 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 163 Posts

I doubt it would be worth the effort unless you're squeezing every gram out. Recaros, for the record, are 11kg lighter per seat once you factor in sliders and brackets (I've seen a lot higher weight savings posted elsewhere because people only weigh the seats). So, you'd be hoping to be somewhere in between there and stock seat weight. Granted, I could probably ditch a decent amount of weight if I lost the sliders and used alloy brackets but at my height (175cm) I'm already pretty low in the car and I do move around the seat a decent amount to work on things for one reason or another.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:49 AM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default yeah, my thoughts too

Originally Posted by SR20Fastback
Probably not terribly cost effective, but I think Drew (cooled collective) that he was going to be selling his sports seats. However shipping from LA to DEU is prob less than ideal. As far as making them lighter, I think the level of effort would be better used at making other things lighter instead.
and i don't know how comfortable recaros are, or the 'cool as can be' rs seats, color coordinated and all like that, they really are the best looking seats ever IMHO, but, then too, can't justify 6, 7, 10 G's for a set....naah... so....sport seats it is, just have to add HP.....
thanks for the replies guys, and now i will start a thread askig for pics of said seats.....warum nicht! as they say around here
The following users liked this post:
911Jetta (12-13-2019)

Quick Reply: sport seats