Sponsored by:

Cruise control components missi g

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 12:00 AM
Jaguar74
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control components missi g

It appears that somewhere along the line all the cruise control components except for the steering wheel lever and the bracket on top of the engine were removed. I would be intrested in restoring the cruise control system but was wondering if anybody knows what all the parts are that are necessary to get the cruise control working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-14-2019, 06:23 AM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Not that many pieces to it actually. The servo/mechanical part has the throttle-pull cable attached to it. Then the ecu/controller that lives under the passenger seat (at least on my ‘91). I have both parts and the nuts&bolts, $60+shipping and they’re yours Just send me a pm.

There is also a switch behind the clutch pedal, which you likely still have as it’s a pain to remove. I believe that the wiring harness is integrated with the main harnesses, so you’re likely to have all of that in place too.
Old 10-14-2019, 01:40 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,091 Posts

AND, btw, that damn clutch switch... so my cruise, before I removed all of it, was a little flakey.

It wouldn't surprise me if many. CC are removed as that switch is not working right and allowing the system to activate.

When I would try to activate it it was a 50/50 shot it would work. Well, when I was under my dash working on my pedals I saw that switch, and the stupid thing wasn't aligned right, therefore the car felt the clutch was in, and not allowing sy stem to active.

My guess is you have everything but the servo motor and its cable and brackets. Pictures?
Old 10-14-2019, 08:44 PM
Jaguar74
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise control

Originally Posted by Spyerx
AND, btw, that damn clutch switch... so my cruise, before I removed all of it, was a little flakey.

It wouldn't surprise me if many. CC are removed as that switch is not working right and allowing the system to activate.

When I would try to activate it it was a 50/50 shot it would work. Well, when I was under my dash working on my pedals I saw that switch, and the stupid thing wasn't aligned right, therefore the car felt the clutch was in, and not allowing sy stem to active.

My guess is you have everything but the servo motor and its cable and brackets. Pictures?
Thanks for that info, i will check the clutch switch. I didn't check anywhere else I only know that the actuator in the engine compartment is not there but the bracket is. Not sure if the ECM is under the seat or if it was taken out also. My car is at shop getting convertible top fix so I will check when I get it back
Old 10-14-2019, 09:14 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Funny I never tried mine and the turbos couldn't be optioned with them. The one in my 928 works amazingly well considering it was the same era car.

Quick Reply: Cruise control components missi g