Sponsored by:

Cab top auto manual conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:58 PM
sunlion
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab top auto manual conversion

Would have posted this to the other thread below but decided to do a new thread.

Simple conversion, retains functionality of the switch and front motors at the windshield and removes the rear motors and clutches. Need to jumper the sensor wire in the right passenger quarter panel to fool the cab top control unit to thinking the top is closed. Requisite to have a functioning control unit but there’s a way to rig the control unit by closing the relays inside. Also, the front motors and sensors need to be in good working order. Based on taking mine apart, there was nothing wrong and most out there should be good.

If theres interest, I’ll add details. No spare parts needed. Bare with me if you do want details......not on here too often.....
Old 06-24-2019, 06:12 PM
salty87
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 43 Posts

Interested to see more...thx
Old 06-24-2019, 06:58 PM
mystert
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You dont even need to jumper the sensor wire, just remove the cable and worm gear from passenger side transmission and the rear switch will work like normal. The linkage will contact the rear switch. You need to hit the dash switch a second time after unlatching because under normal operation, you would be holding the switch in while the top is lowering. Mines been set up like this for a few years now.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:33 PM
JJJMCD
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

One of the main benefits of the manual conversion is eliminating the annoying instances in which the windshield header panel motors get out of synch and the top won’t close.

Quick Reply: Cab top auto manual conversion