Sponsored by:

Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 03:02 PM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian

So I take it that you are not going to answer any serious questions then? I am not being funny, but after all that crap why don't we discuss something useful?
Old 02-16-2004, 03:17 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christer . . . promise you'll reply after this post . . . I don't want to be accused of 'trying to get the last word'

Simple answer . . . "NO!"

When I posted on here this morning . . . I assumed (I know one should never assume but I did) that I would be amongst like-minded enthusiasts . . .

Your initial "That makes me laugh . . . crazy world" reply DID **** me off . . . and it was apparent that you didn't have the slightest clue about the car I am selling . . . as Adrian posted (later) . . . £67K is 'cheap' . . . I just thought it was 'rude' to 'diss' the value/price of someone's car . . .

Be honest . . . you thought I was talking about a regular C4 or something, didn't you?

Actually . . . don't answer that . . . your initial response did it for you And your subsequent posts haven't really altered my opinion . . .

If you remember . . . I didn't actually tell you to 'shut the f*ck up' . . . I ACTUALLY posted . .

"Can I respectfully suggest you STFU at least until you know what car you're talking about" (this is cut and pasted from the 'now edited' reply)

There IS a difference

Then Mr Pedantic got all 'expert' on me . . .

So . . . bollox to this . . . I'll stick to my early Porsche friends (that's Pre-74s) thanks . . .

Been a real eye-opener tho'

I'll warn my mates about this place . . .

No real harm done eh?

Take it easy . . . kindest regards . . .

Brian

PS: Don't forget to reply Can't have Mr Amateur Know-it-all Psychologist getting up himself any more than he already is . . . can we?
Old 02-16-2004, 03:22 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow! 0-5 pages in no time flat!
Old 02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Christer
Race Car

Wow. I guess that is that then. Although I would tone down your language on the other forums a tad. I mean the forums on which you aware of the required protocol.

In all seriousness, does anyone have any details on the C4RS as far as:

1. Initial purchase price
2. Historical sales (where, when, how much etc)
3. Where the cars are now, how many survive etc.

If I don't get any sensible replies - in fact I will settle for any replies which do not contain the word 'c*nt' - then I really am giving up from now on.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:39 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,020 Likes on 1,210 Posts

Originally posted by Christer

IMHO I would advise against investing in cars. By all means spend a lot of money on them and enjoy them, but on the whole I would avoid. I think I would prefer to see myself (and so would Brian no doubt ) play Russian roulette.
I guess this is were I disagree. I know several people that have made Millions and I mean Millions by simply buying and trading rare cars. This all while the stock market has taken down some very wealthy people. The truly rare cars usually get traded amongst an inner network of buyers and sellers that you and I are not privy to.

True it is a passionate business and most of the people I know wouldn't even consider waisting there time on Porsches unless they were one off models. Like any speculative business there is a risk. Knowledge helps but there are no guarantees in anything today.

I don't know about you but poor Brian suffered here today about something he is passionate about. I think all in all we do not have to agree on value but probably we should agre that we all owe the man an apology.

But thats just my opinion
Old 02-16-2004, 03:54 PM
tonytaylor
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by cobalt

I don't know about you but poor Brian suffered here today about something he is passionate about. I think all in all we do not have to agree on value but probably we should agre that we all owe the man an apology.

But thats just my opinion
Perhaps you know Brian Burrows better than me.
Perhaps Brian Burrows is passionate about the car he is selling
On this and past performances from the man he got off lightly and doesn't deserve an apology. IMHO of course.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:56 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Wow, this has any other thread beaten hands down, including the Adrian versus the 993 crowd, simply outstanding chaps......

Kevin. with only his old Audi 80 and 964 on the drive............
Old 02-16-2004, 03:57 PM
ian c - u.k

brian
while you are polishing your £1.5m worth of cars ......... can i please come and have a look ??

not got the money to buy your car , but would be interested in having a look-see at it
Old 02-16-2004, 03:58 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gee, and I get grief for mentioning Adrian and Paul...
Old 02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
ian c - u.k

while we're on the subject of rare cars ( sort of )
anybody spot dis ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2460556560
Old 02-16-2004, 04:03 PM
Christer
Race Car

Anthony, if you personally know several people that have made millions in trading rare exotic cars then I think you are in a minority, especially as you say it is an inner network of buyers and sellers (which implies it is a small market. I am not of course talking about people that buy a CGT for 450kUSD and sell it for 525K. This is not investing. In any case, we can agree to disagree, although price discovery remains a problem to most people in this market. I guess that is how the money is made (or what)?

On the subject of Brian, I think that an ongoing misunderstanding is taking place. I am not saying that his valuation of the car is wrong for the market. I rudely stated that I personally thought it was a crazy price to pay in my opinion. Since that point, I have become interested in finding out how I would value the car based on what my investment 'policies' currently are.

I don't think that Brian has ever actually stated that he believes the car is an investment opportunity (i can't check back in his posts) but I seem to remember the feeling that he insinuates this. Certainly it is an interesting case. However, as Brian has become more abusive (and others unto him) I do feel that an apology is out of the question. I think he may have implied that I was involved sexually with Tony Taylor, who I have truthfully never met. Although I am not homophobic, I do find this slightly distasteful due to my own preferences.

As I have now stated many times, it would be interesting to find out more about how this market works. Seriously. Over and quite possibly out.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:04 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by tonytaylor
Perhaps you know Brian Burrows better than me.
Perhaps Brian Burrows is passionate about the car he is selling
On this and past performances from the man he got off lightly and doesn't deserve an apology. IMHO of course.
I don't know the man. But from what I have followed here today I don't believe anyone deserves this kind of treatment. We out did what the 993 board did to Adrian.

You guys have been great these past few months and this board has been far above any low trash internet garb. But today we hit a new low. the man has a right to ask his money without being beaten up. I for one am sorry I did not get to find out more about his unique car. We all lost out on some history today.

I will admit I did miss out on the deleted posts.

Once again i guess we are all allowed to our own opinions.

Later
Old 02-16-2004, 04:07 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Phil Raby
Gee, and I get grief for mentioning Adrian and Paul...

...........not to mention PMT or CVT or whatever it was.

I still covet your wheels
Old 02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by BRIAN BURROWS

Ruairidh . . . the car ISN'T limited to 130mph by the transmission or otherwise . . . in fact it goes like f*ck!
I guess the impression I got was the gearing was such that it accelerated like a bat out of hell and top speed was less important. But I cannae remember where I read that (although likely either 911PW or Adrian's book as I cannot recall seeing it in Karl L's PEWE).
Old 02-16-2004, 04:11 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by ian c - u.k
while we're on the subject of rare cars ( sort of )
anybody spot dis ????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2460556560
Isn't this the car that sold last week for high $90's

Quick Reply: Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale