Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay guys time to settle down.
A couple of points here;
1/. You are allowed to make a post like Brian did on rennlist at least once. Many people have in the past and I have not seen an explosion like this before. I have also been away for most of the day (trying to earn a living). I think we have a common failure to communicate scenario. I am not taking sides, I feel that both persons have over reacted to each other which is quite normal having done it myself as has most everyone else on this forum at one time or another.
2/. The price for this C4S is in my opinion fair and if anything on the low side and if I had the money (which I do not) I would purchase it myself. As 964s go it is one of the rarest, it has a special history (which could not all be put in my book) and I know for a fact that most that did exist were converted for other purposes. It was and remains a car built without a series in mind. It is not road registerable inmost countries of the world but for an ardent Porsche collector this would be a gem and I am sure may well end up in the USA.
3/. Dragging other peoples names into the discussions is not appreciated by myself nor I am sure by Paul Dove. That episode is all overm behind us and having it dragged into somebody elses argument, sucks big time.

So guys please count to 10, shake hands and move on.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 02-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't 'dragging other people's names into the discussions', merely making a light-hearted comment. If it caused offence, it wasn't meant to.
Old 02-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian, Sorry, you didn't get the response you wanted from the group.

Still guys, thanks for a great days entertainment, I know where I can get a low mileage C4 if I want one, Phil knows where he can get a cottage for 95k Euros (even cheaper than Sterling) and Christer knows the car is white and Brian knows that there are lies, damn lies and statistics. We've all learned something.

...except maybe Ruairidh who missed the point that you can have a wonderful arguement all day without bringing reality into the discusion at all.

See you all in the playgorund in the morning,
Old 02-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Irishdriver

...except maybe Ruairidh who missed the point that you can have a wonderful arguement all day without bringing reality into the discusion at all.

I always miss the point! (I still wanna know why they built it in the first place though...................................)
Old 02-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Phil Raby
Now who's in a mood?
Me..........and what about it!
Old 02-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Ruairidh
Me..........and what about it!
There's too much bloody moodiness on this site. It's like being in a roomful of women with PMT...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:57 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

I was going to say something several times but, every time I looked away for a moment, there were umpteen more posts!

Maybe just as well...
Old 02-16-2004, 01:07 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Ruairidh,
The C4S was built to compete in events like Pikes Peak in the USA and hill climbs that sort of thing. That was the theory anyway. Unfortunately the C4 RS was built to an internal specification not a FIA or IMSA or any other organisation specification. The end result was a race car with nowhere to race.
The best way of describing the C4RS was an internal design study with 20 protoypes.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 02-16-2004, 01:20 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian, Sorry, you didn't get the response you wanted from the group.

. . . . and Brian knows that there are lies, damn lies and statistics.
Nah! What I learned has more to do with 'Canesten' than rare Porsches

Ruairidh . . . the car ISN'T limited to 130mph by the transmission or otherwise . . . in fact it goes like f*ck!
Old 02-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You 964 guys have lost any right to comment on the friendliness, or lack thereof, of the 993 board .
Old 02-16-2004, 01:55 PM
dove
Banned

What an entrance Brian,this can only be applauded
Any chance of posting a pic of your car.

Paul
Old 02-16-2004, 02:16 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

Originally posted by dove
What an entrance Brian,this can only be applauded
Any chance of posting a pic of your car.

Paul
Sorry fellah!

I had the details etc. in the now edited posts . . . it wasn't JUST telling christer to wind his neck in

I'm gonna try selling elsewhere . . . somewhere where I don't get 'picked up' for saying "Porsche" instead of "911"

It's also STILL very apparent that the LOUDEST posters on this thread still seem to think we're talking about a C4

Check out Adrian's book or 911&PW (March 2002) if you're THAT interested dude . . .

Kindest regards,

Brian
Old 02-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by BRIAN BURROWS
Nah! What I learned has more to do with 'Canesten' than rare Porsches

...I give up - you've got me on this one ....!

What is "canesten" ?

I suspect it's your best try at a witty reply however I have an idea that you're also trying to lower the tone of the discussion.

Still, you're behaving as predicted and trying for the last word.

Old 02-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Christer
Race Car

Originally posted by cobalt
Ok fair enough.

What in your opinion would make a good investment in rare Pcars
Anthony. I am afraid there I cannot help in any way. Mainly because I do not know enough about rare cars, but also because I have never considered getting involved in a market where there is no liquidity, no price discovery. You do not know the real value of anything that you buy (if there is any real value in a market like this). I am sure you know as much about this as i do (at least) but let's compare to the stock market. If I wanted to buy Reuters shares listed on the LSE today, I can get online to my Broker and get a price. I can check that price against fundamentals and past performance, or rumours or recent news or insider knowledge or whatever. In the case of a C4 RS, what do we do? We can go to Brian and say what is the price? He will say for example £67K. We ask why. Brian may be able to tell us, he may not. We cannot look at other details really because there are so few examples of this commodity that the price is really dictated by wetting one's finger and sticking it up in the air. Or by how much money a seller needs possibly, or whether a rich man fancies a toy for a couple of years. There are a myriad of reasons, none of which really are quantifiable. That is scary.

IMHO I would advise against investing in cars. By all means spend a lot of money on them and enjoy them, but on the whole I would avoid. I think I would prefer to see myself (and so would Brian no doubt ) play Russian roulette.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:52 PM
BRIAN BURROWS
Advanced

...I give up - you've got me on this one ....!

What is "canesten" ?

I suspect it's your best try at a witty reply however I have an idea that you're also trying to lower the tone of the discussion.

Still, you're behaving as predicted and trying for the last word.

I've withdrawn the 'SALE' . . . you should be happy now

Sorry to disagree . . . but I wasn't trying to 'have the last word' at all . . . Dove asked for a picture . . . I replied . . .

If you're referring to my reply to YOUR post . . . I was answering a comment you directed at ME . . . in fact you NAMED me . . . am I NOT allowed to answer now then?

Tip: If you don't want an answer . . . DON'T comment . . . it's how it works . . . it's called conversation

You actually make a pretty crap amateur psychologist IMHO . . . assuming you know ALL about what makes me tick . . . when in fact . . . you know the Square Root of F*ck All!!!

And just to 'help' you . . . I'm gonna let you (or your boyfriend) have the "last word"

I'm gonna go to my garage with a cuppa and polish my £1.5m worth of cars . . . YES, that was a childish 'dig' So f*cking bite me!

I've met bullies like you many times . . . I guess cyberspace just broadened your opportunities . . . SAD!

So . . . feel free to respond/retort/point out any failings/etc. . . .

And in case you don't HAVE 'Google' in Germany . . . CANESTEN is a fungicidal cream . . . usually used by women on irritating c*nts!

Bye Bye Lover . . . hugs 'n' kisses

XxXxXxX

Mwah!

Brian

Quick Reply: Rare Carrera 4 Rs Lightweight For Sale