Sponsored by:

Think I’ll rub the oil lines? See photos

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 04:31 AM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Think I’ll rub the oil lines? See photos

Just got my Tramont RH replicas, 10"x18"ET50 in the rear and I’ve got about 4mm or so of clearance at the front end of the wheel. You can see in the photos a bit more clearance towards the middle. Car is lowered but may need a little more negative camber (will lose some clearance) but needs some toe out (will gain some more clearance).

Car is a 1990 so I don’t think it has the flattened oil line updated part number, though the line itself is oblong rather than completely round. Think I’m ok?

Old 05-31-2019, 06:15 AM
newsboy
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

You could install 5mm spacers.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:31 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 104 Likes on 80 Posts

The line on my late '91 is partially flattened, but it also rests flush to the body. Yours has quite a gap. If you loosen the clamp on the short rubber hose near the tank, you should be able to get the line to sit against the body.

Depending on where/how you drive, a high-G left-hand corner could cause the tire to deflect enough to rub.
Old 05-31-2019, 05:44 PM
francisluu
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick
The line on my late '91 is partially flattened, but it also rests flush to the body. Yours has quite a gap. If you loosen the clamp on the short rubber hose near the tank, you should be able to get the line to sit against the body.

Depending on where/how you drive, a high-G left-hand corner could cause the tire to deflect enough to rub.
Will try this, thanks!

Quick Reply: Think I’ll rub the oil lines? See photos