Need help with installing JW Speaker LED lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 214 Posts
Default Need help with installing JW Speaker LED lights

Hi,

hope I can get help from the community. I just received my JW Speaker LED lights from John Audette and the install does not go too smoothly
I have one problem and a question
Let's start with the question: the screw to attach the light comes with (see picture)
  • a plastic washer
  • a rubber sleeve
  • a metal, threaded sleeve
Does anyone know what goes where?

Here's the problem: I can't get the rings to snap on to the headlight housing, no matter how hard i press,
I have already folded the tabs at 1 o'clock and 7 o'clock out of the way. Any tips?

Unfortunately John Audette has gone completely dark on me (I believe he had a medical emergency and is off-line)

any help appreciated.

Old 05-16-2019, 11:55 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 39 Posts

IMO you can remove the metal ring, and attach the rubber bush once the screw is through the trim ring. I ended up using another screw entirely on mine (forgot the exact size but it’s a bit longer than that one).
Old 05-17-2019, 01:17 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deserion
IMO you can remove the metal ring, and attach the rubber bush once the screw is through the trim ring. I ended up using another screw entirely on mine (forgot the exact size but it’s a bit longer than that one).
Thanks
Old 05-17-2019, 01:29 PM
jonathant
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Also I would say that the rings/headlights do not “snap on”, i.e. pressing straight on from the front is not the way. They hook on at the top and then swing down to the bottom where the screw holds the mounting ring in place. Around the sides (after the top is hooked) the ring should slip just over the lip of the bucket all the way around but as far as I can tell it does not really “snap” onto that lip. If tolerances are tight then it can hold on by itself until the screw is in, if not then you have to hold it firmly in place while starting the screw.

On mine one side is snug and self-holds, the other gets ejected by the rubber seal.
Old 05-17-2019, 08:54 PM
Hatzenbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jonathant
Also I would say that the rings/headlights do not “snap on”, i.e. pressing straight on from the front is not the way. They hook on at the top and then swing down to the bottom where the screw holds the mounting ring in place. Around the sides (after the top is hooked) the ring should slip just over the lip of the bucket all the way around but as far as I can tell it does not really “snap” onto that lip. If tolerances are tight then it can hold on by itself until the screw is in, if not then you have to hold it firmly in place while starting the screw.

On mine one side is snug and self-holds, the other gets ejected by the rubber seal.
Yeah that’s pretty much as it is with mine
Old 05-17-2019, 09:30 PM
Trapperbay
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had to use my old seals as the new ones would not allow my H4 rings to be mounted.

Quick Reply: Need help with installing JW Speaker LED lights