Sponsored by:

Rennspeed references?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2004, 05:42 PM
JoeW
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rennspeed references?

I've found Rennspeed on the web and am looking at their front spoilers. There was a discussion on this a month or so ago and I've found that, along with a post that says they are good people.

So far, so good. I'm interested in the quality of the pieces Rennspeed puts out. Anyone with information? TIA, J
Old 02-11-2004, 06:52 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Rennspeed references?

Originally posted by JoeW
I've found Rennspeed on the web and am looking at their front spoilers. There was a discussion on this a month or so ago and I've found that, along with a post that says they are good people.

So far, so good. I'm interested in the quality of the pieces Rennspeed puts out. Anyone with information? TIA, J
Joe,

Great people there at Rennspeed. Although I haven't had a chance to see the front splitters yet. But the clear signal lenses I bought from them were excellent.

Jeff Curtis, who recommended them, have bought some Rennspeed front spoilers. May be he can chime in and let us know the quality and fit of their products.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

***CHIME!!***

Peter with Rennspeed is a good guy, have only dealt with him via email though, and just with some used parts required to rebuild my Rocket after the "oopsie" I experienced in October of 2002.

I have bought, two now, sets of clear signals from him...messed up the 1st set with the "oopsie". I referred another Rennlister to him for a front bumper cover...was it Eion?? He seemed pleased with his purchase and another friend of mine bought a driver's side door off him, yet another satisfied customer.

The clear signals he sells are clearly (pun intended?) the best deal on the market, often beating eBay's average selling price.

I'll have to checkout the site to see who's spoilers they are selling...or if possibly they have their own design?? He has sold me a set of brake ducts in the past, that are RSR "copies" and they look pretty good, although I feel they are a bit small for the holes in our bumpers...almost like a slightly smaller version of the originals...unless there's another trimpiece I was supposed to order?

When I asked Peter about this, he said they were exact copies of the originals, so who knows?? ...they fit, and look good, just don't like the gap all the way around them.

SO, at this point I might guess that whoever is making the RSR brake ducts for Rennspeed is duplicating a front splitter/spoiler...again, dunno, will check it out.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:58 AM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quality is good for the price. Peter is a stand-up guy too. No problems recommending Rennspeed.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:15 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Default Update...

...well, I checked out Rennspeed's site and it looks like fellow P-Car owners can get a good deal on some repro fiberglass parts. Their C2 RSR "one-piece" spoiler is what I typically use, although I just ordered one of their GT2 versions.

We'll see how this one holds up.

I crunched my latest front splitter when I pulled a "Dukes of Hazzard" at Roebling.
Old 02-12-2004, 11:23 PM
PC2
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Update...

Originally posted by Jeff Curtis
... although I just ordered one of their GT2 versions.
Jeff, Great choice, the GT2 front spoiler look awesome. Please share some pics "immediately" after your install. You've been having one too many "Oopsies" .

Ps. When are we going to finish that project of yours?
Old 02-13-2004, 04:17 AM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Yup, will post pics as soon as I receive it, get it painted and on there.

Will have to make sure my new track wheels (Fikse FM-10s), and my 3.8RSR tail makes the pic as well.

My 964 doesn't look the same anymore...just BETTER!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:51 AM
dove
Banned

I contacted Rennsport about buying a fixed rear spoiler for my car and spoke there with a guy called Peter who was very helpfull,its no problem for him to send to the UK and the prices were much cheaper than elsewhere.My only problem now is which one any ideas guys heres the spoilers http://www.rennspd.com/Products.asp?...dID=10&catID=8

And heres the very wide car

Paul
Attached Images  
Old 02-13-2004, 06:10 AM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice clean car paul ;-)) Did Rennspeed say what the postage will be? I fancy one of their front splitters http://www.rennspd.com/P_Detail.asp?PID=433 to be painted in Guards Red of course, so joint postage may be a good idea?

Oh, nearly forgot, welcome back.

Kevin.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:40 AM
Christer
Race Car

I think I want the RUF replica, let me know if a group order is on the cards...

edit: and maybe clear indicator lenses.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:15 AM
dove
Banned

Hi Kevin,Christer Thanks for the welcome back, I'm going to contact Peter at Rennsport when I have made my mind up which spoiler I want,I'll ask about a bulk order I'm sure Peter will be more than happy with this.Checkout some of Rennsport prices,eg;964 clear lenses at $80. Postage wont be an issue on smaller items if they are packed with larger items if you know what I mean.

Paul
Old 02-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Christer
Race Car

we'll wait for you to advise then....
Old 02-13-2004, 04:02 PM
JoeW
Pro

I'm glad all of you think highly of him. It gives a bit more confidence as I tend to think the worst when I see a cheaper price, though I do love to save some cash! The Ruf copy looks the same as the one Ruf sells for $350, but who can tell with such a small picture.

I spoke to Peter and he indicated (on the parts I was talking about, not a generalization) that the parts that take paint require some fitting and finishing to get ready for install. The others, meant to be left black (like the Ruff knockoff), have a little "texture" (my word) but will install directly. J
Old 02-13-2004, 04:16 PM
JoeW
Pro

Default Re: Update...

Originally posted by Jeff Curtis
...well, I checked out Rennspeed's site and it looks like fellow P-Car owners can get a good deal on some repro fiberglass parts. Their C2 RSR "one-piece" spoiler is what I typically use, although I just ordered one of their GT2 versions.
I wanted the RSR 1-piece too, but the description claims you need their glass bumper to attach it correctly, and I didn't want to go there. I may just wait for pictures of your GT2 installation to see what I think of that once installed .... so post pictures, please Jeff! J
Old 02-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Will do!

Quick Reply: Rennspeed references?