Dream come true!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 12:04 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dream come true!

Hello all,
I am a long time Rennlister, but mostly a lurker. I've had many different Porsches over the years, starting with a 914 through 944s and Boxsters to a 996. However, this weekend, I will fulfill the real dream. I have been looking for an air-cooled 911 Targa for a while. Specifically, I WAS looking for a 3.2 G50 car. However, I stumbled on a 964 C2 Targa that checked all the right boxes and the seller made me a helluva deal. And check this out... I only found the car because a close friend, who is another Porschephile, is buying a 964 C2 Coupe from the same guy!! So get this, two life long Porsche nuts and good friends are flying this weekend to meet up and buy 2 964s from the same guy and road trip them together through mountains back to their new homes! Needless to say, I am so stoked. Porsches have been in my family for several generations now (my family used to be the Porsche dealer in Tallahassee, FL) and I hope my kids carry on the tradition. Stay tuned for pictures and updates here, as well as my Facebook page for my rental car (and soon to be sales - but this car will not be for sale - it's all for me) business. I'm so excited, I can't believe I am even writing this. Can't wait to show her off!
Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Congrats!!!

So what are the specs on the two 964’s? Make sure you post some pics along the way. It will be an absolutely awesome trip getting acquainted with the cars in the mountains. Just be careful at night if the lights haven’t been upgraded, they’re not exactly bright and can be a challenge at night on twisty roads.

I was going down the same path of finding a really nice G50 Coupe or Targa (mainly due to budget) when I stumbled on the 964 Targa that I now own. I had to move quickly but it was worth it, it is an absolutely awesome canyon carver (after some mods) and also perfectly suited for bombing around town or miles of highway. Few cars can do all three really well.

Enjoy the trip
Old 03-22-2019, 07:50 AM
2swoosh
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 254 Posts

Congrats to the new toys that will be a blast of a trip! Happy Motoring!
Old 03-22-2019, 09:50 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

I'll be posting more as the trip moves forward, but seeing as I didn't really make this decision until last night- I'm pretty busy today preparing for the trip. I fly out tonight.

My car is a 1991 C2 Targa in Midnight Blue and my buddy's car (his name is Ben) is a red C2 coupe wearing some sweet gunmetal grey BBS LMs. Once I am at the airport and have some time, I'll dig out a couple of pics.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Default First pic

Here are the pics from the PO. I have yet to see the car in person. Sitting here getting ready to board a plane.

a 91 with 83k miles. Manual. cat bypass pipe. Not a huge fan of the wheels but that is easily fixed. Full service history.

Last edited by Kinnebrew Motors; 03-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:20 PM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Old 03-22-2019, 08:49 PM
apanossi
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh man. I've got a list of mods for you.
Old 03-23-2019, 12:21 AM
997Pilot
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Nice car, I considered it in my search but the accident on the carfax and the sellers price didn’t cut it for me. I bet you got a better deal since you and your friend bought a couple
Old 03-23-2019, 01:23 AM
964Luftballoon
Burning Brakes

Received 157 Likes on 120 Posts

Congratulations! Looking forward to your progression on the car.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:41 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by apanossi
Oh man. I've got a list of mods for you.
Get in line...
Old 03-23-2019, 01:49 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

How do you start an epic Porsche weekend? Getting picked up from the airport in a gorgeous Boxster! Thanks, Ben (well Ben's dad, really)!
Old 03-23-2019, 03:45 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Don’t get too discouraged by the US 4WD Ride height, the springs will feel soft and the car will feel a bit mushy through corners. Once you upgrade the springs/shocks and bushings and get the proper alignment the car will be transformed.

And yes....a few other mods and she’ll be perfect.

Enjoy the drive!

Last edited by Marine Blue; 03-23-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 03-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Picked up Ben's coupe from dealer after PPI.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:00 PM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Now I have mine. Busy day driving some cool Ferraris also. Lots more pictures and video to come.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:23 AM
Kinnebrew Motors
Former Vendor

Back home now. It was a crazy trip! Ended up doing 976 miles - leaving Charlotte and going through the mountains, staying just outside of Waynesville, NC in a really cool place called the "Grand Old Lady Hotel". Got up the next morning and drove through the mountains some more and ended up at PCNA HQ in Atlanta (unfortunately, it was Sunday- so they were closed, but got a few pics) and then Ben and I separated ways there and I went back home to Orlando and he to Mobile. I'll post some more pictures and video over the next few days, but the videos will take some editing.

Perhaps the coolest part of the trip was Glenn, the guy we bought the cars from. He is an incredible guy, who shared some of his collection with us and even let us drive a few. Including one of my favorite Ferrari's ever - the Dino 246 GTS. It was an incredible experience and I have some great video of that. The other car we got to drive was a Lotus Elise Supercharged, which everyone says feels like driving a go-kart, because that is exactly what it feels like. I can say enough good things about Glenn. The cars were exactly as represented and his hospitality was over the top. Such a great experience!!!

Quick Reply: Dream come true!