Sponsored by:

Thanks Tom.W - Hwy 35/9

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:20 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,694 Likes on 2,340 Posts

well, sounds like porsche and sugars go together. if so then donuts aren't sweet enough.... hum... warm milk with dense dark german chocolate cake.. now we are talking..

tom, this is my schedule. saturday i drive and eat, sunday i ride ride and ride. did saratoga gap and table mount in pouring rain yesterday morning.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:09 PM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by JonSeigel
Coming down from Marin that early isn't so easy.
Guess you'll have to settle for that drive over to Stinson Beach or maybe go out to Sam's for brunch?

You guys are just killing me!

I used to live in the City and went to school neaby (how about that Cardinal basketball!). I spent a dozen glorious years out there and haven't lived near mountains or hills in years. Of course, we have plenty of race tracks here in the Midwest and once the ground thaws in May, we'll be back in action. But still, the thought of Bay Area backroads makes me a little homesick.

Some day I'll be back!
Old 02-02-2004, 10:18 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey, I hear the weather was glorious at Laguna Seca last weekend. 60's and sunny. It was pretty close in Chicagoland wasn't it -60's and ...

John, work has deprived me of mt biking lately and I need to spend Sunday with my wife. The boy's rode the Soquel Demonstration Forest "braile" trail on Saturday (without me, the bums). If you've never ridden it, you're missing one of the most fun trails in the area. Plenty of logs to ride up and over, steep rocky descents, and beautiful redwood forest singletrack.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:48 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John & Tom:

Skyline and mountain biking: I'm lovin' this thread! The only thing I love more than P-cars is mountain biking (well, except for one other thing). The Demo Forest is awesome; I think the toughest technical riding in the Bay Area. Braille, Sawtooth, etc. are great. I also like Skeggs/El Corte de Madera, Purissma Creek, and Saratoga Gap on the Peninsula.

When I lived in SF (12 years until last April) I rode all over the Bay Area, especially the Peninsula. Since I moved to Sausalito I ride mostly here in Marin and at Annadel in Santa Rosa. Fortunately, there's a lot of great riding in Marin--at the obvious places (Tam, Tamarancho, etc.) and also at some not so publicized places that I didn't learn about until I moved up here and started riding with the locals. Maybe we should organize a Bay Area ride (this was also discussed on the OT board a few months ago)?

Finally, Joey: Don't feel so bad. Hwy. 1 to Stinson, Pt. Reyes, Lucas Valley Rd., etc., drives are murder on the clutch! Besides, your car receives a healthy hibernation for 6 months a year while our cars get driven year round without mercy. There's no rest for the weary. Next time I'm at Sam's I'll have a Rocket Fuel or two in your honor.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:36 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,694 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Braille, Sawtooth: will try that on.

Skeggs: big crash their lost my r. der and singled speed out.

Purissma Creek: 3 miles of heavenly downhill and 3 miles of hell to pay!

yeah, let's organize a ride.

Quick Reply: Thanks Tom.W - Hwy 35/9