Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

3rd Brake light ?

Old 12-08-2018, 10:34 AM
JohnK964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default 3rd Brake light ?

I have been playing with the idea of adding an additional brake light in the center section. I have an old busted up center section and it would be easy to add another light where the rear fog lights would be. I could use the wiring and lights off my old center section. My main concern would be drawing too many amps thru the brake light circuit by adding two bulbs.
I’m sure this has been done or thought of before Any thoughts on this from Rennlist
Old 12-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Foxman
Addict
Rennlist Member

BergvillFX offers a similar 993 rear fog light conversion kit for 993’s. It’s plug and play, and a great safety feature. They’re LED lights, so no issue with draw. Might be a good excuse to buy the entire LED light kit.

BergvillFX 993 fog light/brake light conversion kit

Old 12-08-2018, 04:16 PM
velocitylover
Addict
Rennlist Member

This topic has been brought up before and I have done this conversion with great results.
Here is the original thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...light-mod.html
Old 12-08-2018, 04:26 PM
JohnK964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JohnK964 View Post
I have been playing with the idea of adding an additional brake light in the center section. I have an old busted up center section and it would be easy to add another light where the rear fog lights would be. I could use the wiring and lights off my old center section. My main concern would be drawing too many amps thru the brake light circuit by adding two bulbs.
I’m sure this has been done or thought of before Any thoughts on this from Rennlist
Originally Posted by velocitylover View Post
This topic has been brought up before and I have done this conversion with great results.
Here is the original thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...light-mod.html
Thank You I never seem to have any luck when so search 😟
Old 12-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Silvertarga
User

Since the old reflector is quite brittle I used a soldering pen to open the for light socket on the Non Euro Reflector and got bulb sockets from my loical FLAPS

Had Tore made this available at the time I did this I would have used his kit, his stuff is first rate

Last edited by Silvertarga; 12-08-2018 at 07:53 PM.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:41 PM
JohnK964
Addict
Rennlist Member

I did a little practicing on my old broken center light.I used a 1” spade bit and then drilled thru and just used a sharp carpet knife to trim back the plastic and cut notches for the light sockets the recess for the lugs on the socket are molded in they fit snug and tight should be water proof.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: