Recaro Sport Topline seats installed. - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
964 Forum
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Recaro Sport Topline seats installed.

 
Old 10-23-2018, 03:50 PM
  #16  
rsabeebe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rsabeebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: plano, tx
Posts: 2,075
Default

Originally Posted by tct118 View Post
Great looking seats and car! I like how they look stockish. I wonder how much better they feel than my sport seats.
i always thought that 964 sport seats were fantastic - the heavily bolstered RSA type version. the seats in my previous '93 RSA were insanely good and with the fabric seat material, you were locked in no matter what. no sliding, no movement, nothing. the side bolsters and material made all the difference.

rsabeebe is offline  
Old 10-25-2018, 06:04 PM
  #17  
964russ
User
 
964russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: cheshire, uk
Posts: 1,560
Default

I've got a pair of recaro speed, half leather.
not fitted them yet, been busy

964russ is offline  
Old 10-27-2018, 12:55 AM
  #18  
Foxman
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Foxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,768
Default

Originally Posted by rsabeebe View Post
i always thought that 964 sport seats were fantastic - the heavily bolstered RSA type version. the seats in my previous '93 RSA were insanely good and with the fabric seat material, you were locked in no matter what. no sliding, no movement, nothing. the side bolsters and material made all the difference.

Agree the sport seats have great grip, the leather seats as well. But they weigh close to 65 lbs. each, and have no holes for shoulder harnesses. The Recarro Toplines weigh 37.5 lbs. Not bad for a hybrid seat capable of street and track duty.
Foxman is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 03:27 AM
  #19  
HiWind
Super User
 
HiWind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 4,260
Default

Interesting OP and Russ ... they both look great if you want/need the foldable seat - have you weighed them?
HiWind is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 12:36 PM
  #20  
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member
 
Wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,881
Default

Besides the stock sport ones, which I think look the best, the other ones that I like are the Recaro Sportster CS. To me they do not look as bloated as other seats... these are the ones that I would replace mine with...

Wachuko is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:44 PM
  #21  
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Tarek307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA & Alexandria, EGYPT
Posts: 1,063
Default

Originally Posted by Wachuko View Post
Besides the stock sport ones, which I think look the best, the other ones that I like are the Recaro Sportster CS. To me they do not look as bloated as other seats... these are the ones that I would replace mine with...
Those seats look great, but i was looking for something more comfortable that reclines
Tarek307 is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:48 PM
  #22  
SR20Fastback
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SR20Fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by Wachuko View Post
Besides the stock sport ones, which I think look the best, the other ones that I like are the Recaro Sportster CS. To me they do not look as bloated as other seats... these are the ones that I would replace mine with...


I've never been a huge sportster fan, but seeing those in a 964 looks really right. Maybe it's because they're tied in with the back seats? No idea. Any idea what they weigh, say compared to a SRD/Speed (which is what I've been leaning towards since PP's are too short for me).
SR20Fastback is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 06:56 PM
  #23  
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member
 
Wachuko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 9,881
Talking

Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
Those seats look great, but i was looking for something more comfortable that reclines
I had the opportunity to sit in one that was installed on a 964 like mine... comfortable and the do recline... plus I love the looks over everything else that I had seen... initially I wanted Recaro Pole Position, but as I get older, I just want something cool that is actually comfortable to use...

Originally Posted by SR20Fastback View Post
I've never been a huge sportster fan, but seeing those in a 964 looks really right. Maybe it's because they're tied in with the back seats? No idea. Any idea what they weigh, say compared to a SRD/Speed (which is what I've been leaning towards since PP's are too short for me).
I did all the research but I forgot... I specially stop carrying about the weight of the seats when I started to use jeans in size 40 waist... lol
Wachuko is offline  
Old 10-30-2018, 07:23 PM
  #24  
SR20Fastback
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SR20Fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 228
Default

Originally Posted by Wachuko View Post
I had the opportunity to sit in one that was installed on a 964 like mine... comfortable and the do recline... plus I love the looks over everything else that I had seen... initially I wanted Recaro Pole Position, but as I get older, I just want something cool that is actually comfortable to use...



I did all the research but I forgot... I specially stop carrying about the weight of the seats when I started to use jeans in size 40 waist... lol

LMAO, I should stop caring too, but I look at it as offsetting my fatass.
SR20Fastback is offline  
Old 11-03-2018, 01:49 PM
  #25  
Infinite1
User
 
Infinite1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 197
Default

The seats look great and the plaque as well!
Infinite1 is online now  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:02 PM
  #26  
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Tarek307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA & Alexandria, EGYPT
Posts: 1,063
Default

Originally Posted by Infinite1 View Post
The seats look great and the plaque as well!
The plaque is a 70th anniversary plaque that some guy was selling a limited amount of on pelican a few months ago- Great quality & looks pretty good in the interior.
Tarek307 is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 01:47 AM
  #27  
911 jared
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911 jared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 280
Talking

stock black seats would look great in your car. haha. ok ok the toplines are nice too.
911 jared is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 09:37 PM
  #28  
Tarek307
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Tarek307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA & Alexandria, EGYPT
Posts: 1,063
Default

Originally Posted by 911 jared View Post
stock black seats would look great in your car. haha. ok ok the toplines are nice too.
Jared i feel like i'm gonna open a cupboard in my kitchen and you're gonna pop out like Big Worm in Friday and try to sell me those seats lol
Tarek307 is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 11:26 PM
  #29  
911 jared
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911 jared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 280
Default

Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
Jared i feel like i'm gonna open a cupboard in my kitchen and you're gonna pop out like Big Worm in Friday and try to sell me those seats lol
hahaha might happen.
911 jared is offline  
Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 AM
  #30  
LPMM
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
LPMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 1,858
Default

Originally Posted by Tarek307 View Post
the seats look close to the stock sport seats & are 10 times more comfortable & functional, plus they look "classy" in the car . Definitely a nice upgrade to any 964.
I've tried the Sport Toplines before and they are really comfy, I just find them a bit too poofy looking. Is the seating position higher or the same compared to stock? Are you using any other bracket besides the Recaro sliders?

Originally Posted by Wachuko View Post
I had the opportunity to sit in one that was installed on a 964 like mine... comfortable and the do recline... plus I love the looks over everything else that I had seen... initially I wanted Recaro Pole Position, but as I get older, I just want something cool that is actually comfortable to use...
I am with you, the PP's look great but I prefer something more comfortable. I really want a hardback seat so that I can paint the shell to match and the Sportster (or Cross Sportsters with the flatter bottom) is the best looking one IMO. My only concern is that 2 people who have them have told me they are on the harsh side, not uncomfortable but definitely hard. How much seat time did you have?
LPMM is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: