Sponsored by:

An Alarm-ing Situation

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 11:32 PM
Deserion
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts
Default An Alarm-ing Situation

Despite my attempts to rectify random alarm activations, I'm at an impasse on determining where to go next.

Last week I drove it to work, and the alarm LED blinked in the normal, single fashion. About 45 minutes later I'm notified by security that the alarm is going off. Fun. As the glovebox light switch was working intermittently I thought that may be a culprit, but it also went off today at lunch even though the glovebox harness is on my workbench. I am replacing the glovebox contact switch with the newer twin-pole type (versus the doorjamb style in there currently).

When I had the radio out I couldn't locate the green wire for that portion of the alarm - perhaps it's cut somewhere inside the dash? I have a feeling I may need to open things up more to investigate.

I scanned the system with the Durametric, with both engine off and on. It returns a nice laundry list of issues. The interior lights were off (doors closed), trunk and engine lid closed.

Would this necessarily require borrowing/renting a 9288/Hammer to diagnose? Or is it potentially indicative of a module fault? If the latter I can ship it off to Tore along with a 987 amplifier I need repaired.

Trying to dig through threads and various forums to get even a sliver of information to grasp on has been frustrating. I'll keep looking, however.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2018, 12:48 AM
Peteinjp
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 164 Posts

I recently had an issue where my alarm and shut the car off randomly while driving on the highway or back roads or anywhere. It took many months to figure out that it was actually the alarm causing a problem. What we found was the I recently had an issue where my alarm with shut the car off randomly while driving on the highway or back roads or anywhere. It took many months to figure out that it was actually the alarm causing a problem. What we found was the PC board board in the alarm had warped to the degree that it actually broken solder connections.

Quick Reply: An Alarm-ing Situation