Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Rotiform wheels for my 964 are here!

Old 09-24-2018, 03:32 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Rotiform wheels for my 964 are here!

I had to come on here and show my love for Rotiform for building the most amazing set of rims I have ever owned.

After reading a ton on wheel fitment and options for the ideal fitment, searching for just the right wheel, I made the decision they needed to be a period correct style. I have a bit of a problem keeping any car stock, although I'm trying to make sure I don't do anything that's not easily reversible on the 964.

That said, even though I was choosing a very traditional style wheel, I couldn't do them in a traditional finish. They probably won't appeal to everyone, but I couldn't have been more pleased with how they turned out. It gives the car a very mean, bad *** look to it. Specs as follows.

Rotiform LHR 3 piece forged wheels
Fronts - 18x8.5 ET45
Rears - 18x10 ET45
Centers - High polished with transparent Rose Gold
Barrels - Gloss black, sandwich mount centers, exposed hardware
Hardware - Rose Gold
Caps - Rose Gold with Gloss Black logo
Lugnuts - OE Ball seat lugs repainted gloss black
Tires - Federal RS-R - 225/40R18, 265/35R18 (note - Federals fit wider than many brands, these are massive and just clear)

Special thanks for Brian @ Rotiform, a fellow Porsche enthusiast, for having the fitment dialed in perfectly.

Old 09-24-2018, 03:35 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Chrome headlight rings have to go ( PO put them on). Have another set to be painted this winter along with new bumper, RS Vents, RS Splitter, Aero Mirrors, 993 Handles, and back to OE Rear motorized wing.

Rear needs to come down just a bit - still has a bit of a rake to it
Old 09-24-2018, 03:39 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Fronts fit perfectly. Will dial in some camber this winter but no rub at all yet. Suspension is extremely stiff so that helps.

Pictures do not do the finish justice. I ceramic coated the wheels before installing just to make sure they stay clean. Need to pull the brakes and refinish the rotors/calipers this winter. Probably will stay with gloss black for the brakes, but might have to do some photoshop to see what red would look like.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 119 Posts

Congrats, it's fun designing your own wheels! Got any shots of the whole car from a bit more distance? It's hard to get a feel for it so close.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:49 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

You sound like a kid at Christmas. Love how you thought through the details. Make it your own!
You've got a lot of nice mods coming up also.
BTW, you can spray the headlight rings with Plastidip of you want to quickly get rid of the chrome.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:10 PM
SRM11
Advanced

Vegas993 - I'll add a few more shots now. Definitely was fun to create the look I was going for.

911Jetta - Absolutely! I was at the local Rotiform distribution warehouse about 3 minutes after I got a picture of them over text message. Excited to dive in to all the mods this winter. I thought about plastidipping the rings, but I figured there will only be a handful more days on the road before it's in the garage and pulled apart.
Old 09-27-2018, 04:17 PM
SRM11
Advanced

The car came with the seats already done with the black perforated inserts, which have really grown on me as I would have preferred to find a black/black car. Just received my Cocomats and they look amazing with the seats. Another winter project - removing the original carpet and insulation, replacing with dynamat and black carpet kit for a complete two tone look.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:52 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

The Cocomats fit perfectly with the current too tone look.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Rotiform wheels for my 964 are here!