Sponsored by:

Fikse wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 10:42 PM
kennyjr748
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Fikse wheels

2 weeks ago I broke the inner half of my Fikse FM-10. When we pulled the tire off of the wheel there was a split in the rim about 1 inch in length on the inner lip. I called Fikse and they told me that it would cost under $300 to replace the rim half with new hardware etc. I sent the wheel in and they called me to tell me that they were going to replace the rim half for free! Needless to say I was extremely pleased. I received the wheel today and can't wait to get it back on my car- I've been driving around with my red spare for much too long. Kudos to Fikse...

Kenny Tse
93 RSA Daily Driver
Old 01-20-2004, 12:39 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

thats amazing that fikse will do such a thing, but could it be a factory defect that was one of the reason for the crack? how did you break the inner half of your fikse Kenny?
Old 01-21-2004, 04:00 AM
kennyjr748
Advanced

Tim- about 5000 miles my brother blew out the tire on the rear right wheel. When they replaced the tire they noticed that the wheel was slightly bent. However, the wheel spun true and did not need any weights. My brother replaced the old tire with a new tire. This happened while I was away in New York (Car and brother in California). When I returned to California I put about 5000 miles on the wheel with no problem until one day the tire developed a slow leak. When the mechanic pulled off the tire there was a split on the rim inner. I don't remember hitting anything that would have caused this. It's possible that Fikse had a problem with some of their rim inners (all of their wheels are numbered) and that's why they replaced it for free. I'm not sure what caused the defect, but I am extremely satisfied with Fikse's customer service. I posted this message only because I wanted to share my experience with everyone.

Kenny Tse
93 RSA daily driver
Old 01-21-2004, 09:34 AM
vove
Burning Brakes

Thanks for sharing Kenny. Glad you got it fix for free since these wheels are kinda pricey.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to know that Fikse will stand behind their product like. Especially when there are so many companies out there that won't. Best wishes - Jay Gratton
Old 01-22-2004, 11:01 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 321 Posts

Another positive Fikse story!

Fikse is a smart company to understand that standing behind their products is one of the best ways to build a legendary reputation and further market share.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:51 PM
Jeff Curtis
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Good to hear that Fikse is so easy to deal with...just ordered a set of FM-10s.

Another cool Fikse story: They have the contract to fill the wheel orders for the Daytona Prototypes this year!

Quick Reply: Fikse wheels