Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dove leaving rennlist

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 12:58 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow - talk about a delayed reply!!! Sorry about that - but yesterday I was programming a 944 Rennlist Registry while watching the football play-offs (using the "oblong" ball, rather then a "round football" football.. Nevermind....).... Anyway - the point is - I'm late replying, which I apologize for......

Paul - now, you need to continue to think about this. Keep thinking until you come up with the "right answer". Leaving is the "wrong" answer - so, you just need to give it some additional thought.. For that, sure, we traded private e-mails, and we always didn't agree - but you know what? So what? Lately, you and I have also communicated, and I said it in private to you - so now I'll say it in public. You hang in there. Look at it this way - if I took off everyone who I'd had a disagreement with - it would only be Jen and I on the Forums. Well, actually - on second thought - it would only be "me" on the Forums.. But you get the idea.

In short - Rennlist is worldwide. We have a range of beliefs, strengths, weaknesses, passions and personalities. And there is room for just about anyone - as long as they share a single common interest. Simply - that's "passion" about their Porsche. And "passion" can take various forms - from the "purists", to those who love their Porsche because they've made it "theirs" through their choices of upgrades.

As for Rennlist - there is room for all....

Now - no, I'm not deleting your account. I'm not deleting your posts. I'm not removing your "Rennlist Member" tag. I am not "banning" you. In fact, I'm leaving the door open for when you give it some more thought and again, arrive at the right conclusion.

This door will remain open....

Oh - and that's one sexy picture of your car...
Old 01-19-2004, 01:16 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whow, just spotted this post. Don't be daft, Paul, leaving Rennlist just because one person pisses you off is just plain silly.

Lots of other people here enjoy your posts, serious and otherwise, and you make a worthwhile contribution. OK, you're a tosser with a pram-top but no one's perfect

Hope you change your mind and continue here.

Cheers
Old 01-19-2004, 02:34 PM
Jeff Midili
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any Organizational Development / Human Resources person will tell you it can be very difficult to convey humor, harmless sarcasm, etc in written communication such as e-mail and forums. The issue is that 80% of communication is non-verbal, but little of that (even with emoticons) comes through in our posts.

I personally believe that the issue is magnified an order of magnatude because of the diverse culture of the forum.

I personally have a very sarcastic sense of humor, but I know better than to apply it to a message posted on the forum because it would be very easy to mistake what I meant to be humorous as insulting.

Perhaps the dry British humor, which I happen to love (especially when it's written down so I don't have to muddle through the accent!), is what has caused the problems.

Or perhaps not, I'd just encourage folks to remember that it's easy to offend when:

1) your words can not express your body language
2) we are a global message board with many different cultures and first languages
3) In many instances you are 'talking' to people you really don't know, even if you 'think' you know them.

Regards,

Jeff
Old 01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
C4TT
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Dove:
This place is designed as an escape from the daily life. It is conceived for us to be able to escape work, family, duties etc, and focus on what brings us joy. The goal is to uplift...

Remember that!

Stay with us!

Greg
Old 01-19-2004, 03:00 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So...

What say you, Paul...?
Old 01-19-2004, 03:45 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Paul,

I say this, in my small world I have learnt that not everyone likes me, nor agrees with me.
I used to believe that this was all my problem. I have over the years come to terms with these very enlightened ways.
1. Not everyone will like me, it's their loss not mine, leave it and move on. There are more important issues you can affect, these are the ones you should concentrate on.
2. Not everyone agrees with what I say, I'm called outspoken and too assertive. Fine I say, if you don't want to listen to what I have to say, don't, its your loss and I won't try to discuss issues you don't want to hear about.
3. Some folks are just plain jealous, I'm an ordinary bloke with an extra ordinary car. Many people don't like this. Fine I say and I'll look the other way. It's their problem not mine, no matter what I say to them it can never be justified in their eyes. Leave it and move on.
4. I cannot persaude everyone that my ideas are right, fine, then you are entitled to your views, lets agree to disagree, and move on.

This is how I deal with life.....

I think, hope, that this gives you some idea about the scenario, I hope you'll think again, and that my ramblings have given you something to reflect on.............that is if you read till the end.

Kevin
Old 01-19-2004, 03:52 PM
vove
Burning Brakes

dove..your ideas and thoughts on this 964_board are appreciated..feel free to stay.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:56 PM
Phil Raby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Group hug?
Old 01-19-2004, 04:15 PM
warmfuzzies
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

What a jolly fine idea Phil,

Where's the venue?

Kevin
Old 01-20-2004, 03:41 AM
Arjan B.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Paul will reply.

I think it's gone to far............

Bad.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:40 AM
3.8 964
Advanced

Dude, leave if you want, stay if you want. Whats best for you.

Personally, I'd just disappear for a while then come back if you feel you are missing something. I've done the same thing, got really annoyed with someones response to a question, so I went elsewhere. Now I came back and dont even give a toss about the person. Their problem.

You might feel its a bit hard coming back now that you've said your leaving but the mark of a man is not in what he says but in his actions. Come back and be part of the crowd in your usual way, people will think little of it, except how cool it is that you came back. If you decide its too hard to come back or that you have other priorities, that will be cool too.

Cheers
Mark

Quick Reply: Dove leaving rennlist