Sponsored by:

964 Suspension How does this sound?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 01:34 AM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by CBA

Suspension Done! Also installed Aero mirrors to. So far so good, the ride was great on the freeway coming home from Newport and then a quick tour up Glendora Mountain road. Handling is sweet and pretty cool how you can really power out of the curves now. Happy Customer of Emotion Engineering. Thanks Joey.
Man that looks great. Congrats.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:59 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Man that looks great. Congrats.
thanks.
Old 08-06-2018, 06:14 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by CBA

Suspension Done! Also installed Aero mirrors to. So far so good, the ride was great on the freeway coming home from Newport and then a quick tour up Glendora Mountain road. Handling is sweet and pretty cool how you can really power out of the curves now. Happy Customer of Emotion Engineering. Thanks Joey.
Cool! Your car looks amazing, it would be exactly the way I'd go if mine was still white: orange turn signals, black wheels, black headlight rings, perfect! With the new suspension ever more perfect, I'd like to do the same on my C4 but I'll be out of car budget for this year before that...

Btw: was it easy to install the Cup mirrors base seals? Mine hadn't got any so I bought a set and tried to replace them. But I struggled so much I couldn't put them on correctly without a side sliding out so I pre-glued them on the mirror's base before , even with that the front part of the seal seem to have gone under the base and I will have to redo the operation. Pisses me off as it is something very simple but so annoying to achieve (/fatfingers inside/).
Old 08-06-2018, 10:10 AM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n1ne11
Cool! Your car looks amazing, it would be exactly the way I'd go if mine was still white: orange turn signals, black wheels, black headlight rings, perfect! With the new suspension ever more perfect, I'd like to do the same on my C4 but I'll be out of car budget for this year before that...

Btw: was it easy to install the Cup mirrors base seals? Mine hadn't got any so I bought a set and tried to replace them. But I struggled so much I couldn't put them on correctly without a side sliding out so I pre-glued them on the mirror's base before , even with that the front part of the seal seem to have gone under the base and I will have to redo the operation. Pisses me off as it is something very simple but so annoying to achieve (/fatfingers inside/).
Thanks for the compliment. Funny you ask about the mirror bases, I had some challenges too on the first one as I kept trying to hold the seal on with my 3 to 4 fingers stretched out as i pulled the last little bit on and it would keep popping off. I finally figured out to actually stretch the seal out a little bit before trying to put it on. I figured if it broke it only cost $9. So stretch it out a little bit, it won't seem like much but it works. Then as you put it around the mirror base make sure you really wrap the edge of the rubber around the base of the mirror and push the rubber all the way around and seat the inside corner of the seal up against the base. Think of it as trying to make the seal waterproof around the base of the mirror. You really have work it around the whole base doing this and stretch the last little bit around and make sure it is on there snug. You still have to be careful not to pop if off while installing the mirror but it will stay on. First mirror took me 30 minutes fiddling around with the base, second one 3 minutes. Hope it helps and gives you hope
Old 08-06-2018, 10:37 AM
n1ne11
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 24 Posts

Dear lord, that sounds almost easy when you're explaining it. Actually it just makes me feel even worse about it, because it drives me mad as soon as I touch it. Will try again, I just guess I need to try harder then. Thanks for your answer!

Old 08-06-2018, 03:36 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n1ne11
Dear lord, that sounds almost easy when you're explaining it. Actually it just makes me feel even worse about it, because it drives me mad as soon as I touch it. Will try again, I just guess I need to try harder then. Thanks for your answer!
You will get it, of course make sure you have the correct seal on the correct mirror. Post of a picture of it when it is done. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:17 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Default Update

So after a couple of months driving on the streets and local canyons I finally got the car to the track. It was my first time on the track and all I can say it was a blast. Did Streets of Willow and we ran it counter clockwise. It was pretty fun (funny) being one of approx. 8 other air cooled cars out there and running with all the water-cooled guys(nothing wrong w/WC as I'm looking for a GT3). The car seemed very capable with the GT3's and GT4's in the turns(actually better.. but they may have been not so good behind wheel for all I know) ....... of course they killed it on the straights. BTW the tape on the lenses was one of my buddy's messing with me.

Last edited by CBA; 10-16-2018 at 11:42 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:41 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Awesome! I had mine out this weekend on the autoclub roval. Which is more like a high speed straight with an autocross course. I was out braking, out cornering most of the newer stuff. They would motor me on the straights. Quick glance showed an indicated 140. My gt3 would be closer to 160 before turn 1.

Streets, buttonwillow, and chuckwalla are great tracks for these cars.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:51 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Awesome! I had mine out this weekend on the autoclub roval. Which is more like a high speed straight with an autocross course. I was out braking, out cornering most of the newer stuff. They would motor me on the straights. Quick glance showed an indicated 140. My gt3 would be closer to 160 before turn 1.

Streets, buttonwillow, and chuckwalla are great tracks for these cars.
Thanks. and that's great to hear because I felt like the car was better in the corners than almost everything out there but you never know with who's driving those other cars. I saw your post of Fontana. Looks great and your car is amazing to say the least. Question for you..... how's the idle working out with the LWFW & Chip(I bought mine from the same company as yours)? I saw you had it custom programmed? Did that make a huge difference? My car idle's great but if I'm on an incline and need a little more power it's tricky and the same in reverse it's seems to hunt and needs a lot more RPMs to keep it from stalling. . I just got the off the shelf Chip based on my setup and have been thinking I need to get it fine tuned.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:54 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

I have 993 s cams and headers which adds to the funkiness
with ac off. No issues. It may drop but no hunting and no stalls. Idle was raised a bit
with ac on it’s more sensitive but fully drivable.
So. It’s better than it was with the stock Wong chip. Much better.
Its a little grumpy when cold tho.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:57 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

10-4.. I may just have him do a custom program on mine so I can put it to bed and know that what I have is the best it can be. Same with me with AC side of things. Thanks
Old 10-17-2018, 09:28 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Great thread, starts off by asking about suspension parts, then follows up with track pictures!
Glad it all came together so well, and nice to hear that it holds its own against some newer stuff (and most important, you are enjoying it).
#seelysetup
Old 10-17-2018, 09:43 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
Great thread, starts off by asking about suspension parts, then follows up with track pictures!
Glad it all came together so well, and nice to hear that it holds its own against some newer stuff (and most important, you are enjoying it).
#seelysetup
Thanks Jetta.... just need new seats now as I have to slouch down with a helmet on with my sport seats, it's like remodeling a house once you start it's hard to stop .... also if I go to sell the car one day people will look at this post and hold it against me.... just kidding I hope.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:53 AM
OC964
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks amazing on the new suspension and I love the Fuchs! Are you running spacers on the rear?
Old 11-15-2018, 12:58 PM
CBA
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OC964
Car looks amazing on the new suspension and I love the Fuchs! Are you running spacers on the rear?

Thank you the wheels have since been replaced with E88's which is in my profile picture. I did have a spacer on the back and front. I believe it was 8 or 10mm in the back and 2mm in the front.

Quick Reply: 964 Suspension How does this sound?