Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Limited Slip Diff.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 04:46 PM
JonSeigel
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My understanding is that rechipping can *help* with stalling problems from low mass flywheels, but that it can't *cure* the problem. I'd be interested in what others have to say. Assuming I'm right, how much would the stalling bother you? I've heard it's not too annoying, except when you're in stop and go traffic. If you're mostly tracking it, I'd say go for it.
Old 01-12-2004, 05:07 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jon, since this is a Track Car only, and can't be helped w/ additional chip work, I;ll have to live w/ it. FWIW I've got an "Upsolute" chip in there now( they gave me back my stock one) My P-car was used as a test mule last year, as the new Ct distributor had'nt done any P-cars at the time, just VW's & Hondas etc, and wanted a referal. It makes a difference! especially w/ the B&B header set up (no cats). All done on the Dyno & a computer.
Bill
Old 01-12-2004, 05:52 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is that LSD's do wear out, and as they do the locking factor decreases. If you have a factory 40% that is giving you problems it may need to be rebuilt to bring it back into 40% spec. All the 964 LSD's were 40% except those in the Euro RS and Turbo's which were 20/100, the 993 started using other locking percentages in their variable lock diffs such as 22/40, 25/65 and 40/65, rumor has it that some of the 993 LSD units are not as durable as others, particularly compared to the 964 LSD's.
Old 01-12-2004, 08:48 PM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cupcar, I always worry buying used.....Anything, especially going 130 mph!
My Tech is well respected & Head Tech for CVR-PCA ( and quite a driver).
He's aware of my concerns and the type of work that I expect He my be reading this ? If it's not what we bargined for, we send it back or possible get compensation for work needed. I want Not for problems! I'd like for more vercitile handling and oh yeah, pick up a second or two!

Oh, I happen to buy/sell New & Used machine Tools, mostly Used!
Bill

Quick Reply: Looking for Limited Slip Diff.