Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer Vehicle Design Celebrates Its 100th Commission

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Prediction: In 18mo singer as it is today will be no more.

:-)
Old 10-11-2018, 03:51 PM
onevoice
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cobalt

Everyone starts drinking the Kool Aid without a clear understanding of what is involved. Just like the 5.0L case you are so ecstatic about.
You need some reading comprehension improvement. I said "one that supposedly goes to 5.0 liters!!". That is surprise, not ecstatic.

Why are you so invested in everyone agreeing with you? You don't like them, fine. Everyone doesn't share your opinion. You don't have to work so hard to convince everyone that you are really, really, right.

Live and let live, no one is making you buy one
Old 10-11-2018, 06:28 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 431 Likes on 279 Posts

I'm just going to toss this out there...

Let's not get into an argument .

Good discussion. No finger pointing and all that crap.

Keep it clean guys...lol..

Back to our regularly scheduled bashing...

I like singer. But I'd rather drive something i can get dirty. Jmho

As to 1000 hp cars- or other super high hp...to what end? You have to make it drivable. I'd hate to drive a 917/30 on the street.

The nice thing abt the early singers...is they didn't go for massive hp...everyone just said they were fun to drive.

I'd like them to stop ruining 964s though. They really have to branch out.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:55 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Originally Posted by Goughary
I'm just going to toss this out there...

Let's not get into an argument .

Good discussion. No finger pointing and all that crap.

Keep it clean guys...lol..

Back to our regularly scheduled bashing...

I like singer. But I'd rather drive something i can get dirty. Jmho

As to 1000 hp cars- or other super high hp...to what end? You have to make it drivable. I'd hate to drive a 917/30 on the street.

The nice thing abt the early singers...is they didn't go for massive hp...everyone just said they were fun to drive.

I'd like them to stop ruining 964s though. They really have to branch out.
I agree although you're talking to someone who is helping with a Dauer 962 from the ground up build for the street. Every part is custom built or made to the most exacting standards irrespective of cost. I wish I can post pics but I promised I wouldn't. How streetable it will be is yet to be determined but it is a fun exciting project.

Onevoice

I think you're missing my point and splitting hairs and clearly my point is not being conveyed the way I was hoping. I am only pointing out that people buy into the internet hype way to much. If you like them fine. To me at least Ruf used white tubs purchased from Porsche to build their cars. If singer did the same I would care less but the supply of coupes has dwindled to dangerously low levels.

Case and point irrespective of it being an engine case that can supposedly go to 5.0 liter or 3.6 it isn't the good news we are lead to believe and read. Yet you seem to read it and see it as good news. They can't substantiate their claims or more so get their facts correct I would keep quiet but the fake news seems to travel faster than the actual truth. Just trying to point out the fact vs the fiction. The thread starts out claiming it is machined from Billet when in fact it is a sand casting. Huge difference. Then they taut how the HIP process makes a superior casting. Also not quite true. We are falling into the trap of the internet and what we read is gospel this is a dangerous problem and there is a lot of false info circulating that has become fact due to this problem. Just like when they claim double the number of coupes worldwide produced that can be used for these builds and no mention that there are probably less than 2500 remaining in the US.

I do not mean to offend but I have a fault with being brutally honest.

Old 10-11-2018, 10:13 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Ok ok...but how about some pics over email...lol...

And....are you helping him install rear visibility?? Lol.

When i raced spf in scca ages ago, i thought it was the dumbest thing that they go and develope a spec car for a spec class, and not only was the back end butt ugly, but the rear visibility was TERRIBLE....and in that regard, it reminded me of the 962 i lusted after when i was a kid . So now - oddly enough, whenever i see a countach, or any other car with terrible rear visibility.,,that 962 pops in my head...lol...

Funny how that works.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:39 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,263 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Sent you a PM.

Who needs rear visibility when you have ground effects. LOL I can't even fit in the driver seat and I no longer fall into Countach's although still amazing to look at.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:54 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Did you happen to see the jay leno episode w the Schuppan 962 street car? Seeing the two of them squeezed into the interior through a wide angle lens was hysterical. Who ever buys it is going to have to have a very skinny wife...

And in the words of Jeremy clarkson "and of course he would, because he drives a Porsche"...lol
Old 10-14-2018, 12:05 AM
18T_BT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Prediction: In 18mo singer as it is today will be no more.

:-)
Let's bet. In 18 months they will have 18 more deposits. Count how much that is per build and let's see how they stay in business............. :-) but seriously

Quick Reply: Singer Vehicle Design Celebrates Its 100th Commission