Sponsored by:

London Calling - exhaust filter required to meet new emission criteria

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:45 AM
vandykefield
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default London Calling - exhaust filter required to meet new emission criteria

Hi, for those London based 964 drivers as of next April there will be a daily charge of £12.50 to drive in central London and in 2021 that charge will apply for all of London up to the outer ring roads (24/7/365 - no exemptions other than being a historic vehicle i.e. pre 1973). So every time the car comes out of the garage any time of day any day of the year there will be a surcharge of £12.50 a day because the car is not "green" enough (I can see car values plummeting...). the only solution is to fit a particulate filter to the exhaust of a kind that currently is made for commercial/diesel vehicles. Does anyone out there know of a manufacturer that makes something or has taken steps themselves to see if they can make their car meet the criteria that will soon apply to London and which is also planned for the other main UK cities? Thanks
Old 07-01-2018, 03:33 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry, I can't help.
But I have feared this day would come and I fear it is only the beginning of what EU will make us go through.

Hopefully there will be some room for the enthusiast to enjoy his hobby in the future.

Quick Reply: London Calling - exhaust filter required to meet new emission criteria