Sponsored by:

Another selling dilemna story

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 04:37 PM
PhatPhlatSix
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Another selling dilemna story

So I've had my 93 C2 Carrera in midnight blue for nearly 4 years now. Not driven it much, and it's had all it could ever ask for: engine rebuild, Bilstein PSS10s, plastic front suspension bushes, RS motor mounts, re-furbed calipers and drilled discs, Fuch wheels etc etc. Now I'm getting itchy feet and tempted by Italian exotica. Thus the 964 should go... or should it? It is really fun to drive, it can be parked in public car-park, awesome sound from the G-pipe, yet I can't unsee the Lambo I saw one fatefull Friday on Pistonheads...#

I know I'm going to miss it if I sell and it's going to be shutting a door because I wont get another, yet I do feel slightly bored and yearn for the next chapter. Unfortunately having both is not an option. Anyone else gone through similar yearnings?
Old 03-24-2018, 05:17 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Being a car guy I totally understand what you’re going through. I always lust after other cars and I get the itch to try something new about once a year but there are certain cars that I feel can’t be replaced.

You might try to find an exotic I car rental place first and try the lambo for a day or two before you make a decision. That should sway you one way or the other very quickly.

Personally I think the 964 is a keeper although I have only owned one for 8 months now so who knows. My Spyder is definitely a keeper, there just isn’t anything else I would prefer over it.

Good luck with the decision.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:35 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Life is short. Variety is good.

I used to think I would miss a car once I sold it. Been thru over 20 cars in the last 20 years and have yet to regret selling one of them.

Having said that I have kept my 964 for over 10 year now and it is by far the longest I have even held onto one car.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:36 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Drive it and decide for yourself. There must be a reason you don't drive your 964. So if you think you'd get more pleasure/enjoyment from another marquee it's worth exploring.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Recently moved to Scottsdale....every car on the planet everywhere. That being said I have been, in the past, bored with my 964. I tried a F car almost bought a Maclaren would love to have a 458 ( until I see the guys that drive them) my recommendation is to stay loyal and jump to a 997 GT3 RS. It gets as much attention as you want. Faster than you can handle and won't cost you a penny to drive. Lambo F Cars dime a dozen and booooring They all look the same and they get more HP every year that you can't use. Not to mention the paddle shifters.... you will miss shifting.

997 RS or if you can find one a new 4.0 GT3 with a stick You won't be sorry. I promise.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:16 PM
GDOG8
Instructor

I totally get it. I seem to like the chase. Planning, and customizing more than the having. Over time, I have found myself really valuing the few things I can use more frequently.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:22 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by GDOG8
I totally get it. I seem to like the chase. Planning, and customizing more than the having. Over time, I have found myself really valuing the few things I can use more frequently.
I also enjoy the chase but I have to admit that making improvements and upgrades to the 964 has been just as fun and rewarding. It’s a well built car, there’s a huge variety of products to customize them and a great knowledge base to get you through whatever project you take on. With all the options available it’s tough to get bored with them.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:54 AM
PhatPhlatSix
Instructor

You guys are on my wavelength... Thing is I've driven the lambo, it is a manual(!) and the V10 howl is to die for!! I think I'm going with Canuck964 and changing to the L-car.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:44 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 109 Likes on 80 Posts

Don't forget to watch "Burning Lamborghini" on Youtube!
Old 03-26-2018, 01:54 PM
Geisert964
Intermediate

Take your 964 on a weekend car vacation. Go to a new destination maybe 2 hours away stay the day drive around the new place explore. Spend the night and drive it home. If you didn't fall back in love with your 64 then maybe it really is time to sell it.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:31 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,844 Likes on 1,123 Posts

The nice thing about the 964 is it's an A to B car.
The Italian exotics are more of an A to A car. So damn showy. you don't want to leave it anywhere.
The Porsches fly under the radar. That goes well w/ my style.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:29 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatPhlatSix
You guys are on my wavelength... Thing is I've driven the lambo, it is a manual(!) and the V10 howl is to die for!! I think I'm going with Canuck964 and changing to the L-car.
The V10 is sweet.

8 years ago I had an Audi S6 as my daily driver.

I was the last model year before they switch out the V10 for a Turbo 8.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:32 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The Porsches fly under the radar. That goes well w/ my style.
So true. I rode with a friend in his Carrera GT on the streets of a big city and no one, I mean no one, gave us a second look. I guess it looks enough like a Boxster, that no one knows the difference. I really liked that...

If you need flashy and/or drama, then the 964 is probably not your car...

Me, I'm looking for old longhoods...
Old 03-26-2018, 04:38 PM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Super90
If you need flashy and/or drama, then the 964 is probably not your car...
So true
Old 03-26-2018, 05:39 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by PhatPhlatSix
So I've had my 93 C2 Carrera in midnight blue for nearly 4 years now. Not driven it much, and it's had all it could ever ask for: engine rebuild, Bilstein PSS10s, plastic front suspension bushes, RS motor mounts, re-furbed calipers and drilled discs, Fuch wheels etc etc. Now I'm getting itchy feet and tempted by Italian exotica. Thus the 964 should go... or should it? It is really fun to drive, it can be parked in public car-park, awesome sound from the G-pipe, yet I can't unsee the Lambo I saw one fatefull Friday on Pistonheads...#

I know I'm going to miss it if I sell and it's going to be shutting a door because I wont get another, yet I do feel slightly bored and yearn for the next chapter. Unfortunately having both is not an option. Anyone else gone through similar yearnings?
458 is tremendous - true bucket list car as i see it
but then again so is a well sorted 964
lambo not so much

Quick Reply: Another selling dilemna story